- ½ cupalmonds
- 2 (5 oz) pkgsbaby spinach
- 6 mediumcarrots
- 48 fl ozchicken or vegetable broth
- ½ cupdried cranberries
- 2 (1 inch) piecesginger root
- 1 small bunchItalian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 1 lbsweet potato
-  apple cider vinegar
-  black pepper
-  butter, unsalted
-  extra virgin olive oil
-  sesame seeds
- 1Wash and dry the fresh produce. (Skip the spinach if it came pre-washed.)
6 medium carrots 1 lb sweet potato 2 (1 inch) pieces ginger root 2 (5 oz) pkgs baby spinach 1 small bunch Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 2Peel and roughly chop the carrots and potatoes.
- 3Preheat a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- 4Peel and mince shallot; add to salad bowl.
- 5Once the saucepan is hot, add butter and swirl to coat the bottom.
2 tbsp butter, unsalted
- 6Combine the chopped carrots and potatoes, honey, and salt in the saucepan.
2 tsp honey 1 tsp salt
- 7Peel and mince or grate ginger; add to the saucepan. Reduce to medium heat, cover, and stew for 10 minutes; stirring occasionally.
- 8Add broth, bring to a boil; cover and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 12 minutes.
48 fl oz (6 cups) chicken or vegetable broth
- 9In the salad bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, honey, sesame seeds, salt, and pepper.
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar 2 tsp honey 4 tsp sesame seeds ½ tsp salt ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 10Using an immersion (hand) blender, puree the soup until smooth.
- 11Measure out cranberries and almonds.
½ cup dried cranberries ½ cup almonds
- 12Shave the leaves off parsley stems; discard the stems and mince the leaves.
- 13Add the spinach to the bowl with the dressing. Add ¾ of the parsley, the cranberries, and almonds; toss to combine
- 14To serve, pour soup into a bowl, garnish with remaining parsley and arrange salad on the side. Enjoy!