- ½ (5 oz) pkgbaby arugula
- ¼ small pkgfresh basil
- ½ (8 oz) pkgfresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 clovegarlic
- 1 pintgrape tomatoes
- 5 ozpenne pasta
-  balsamic vinegar
-  black pepper
-  extra virgin olive oil
- 1Fill a medium saucepan halfway with water, cover, and bring to a boil. Uncover, add salt and pasta, and stir for a few seconds. Cook until desired firmness, 8-10 minutes.
1 tsp salt 5 oz penne pasta
- 2Peel and mince garlic.
1 clove garlic
- 3Peel and halve the shallot lengthwise, then thinly slice crosswise into half-rounds.
- 4To make the dressing, add garlic, shallots, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper to a small bowl. Whisk to combine; set aside.
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil ⅜ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 5Wash and dry the fresh produce. (Skip the arugula if it came pre-washed.)
1 pint grape tomatoes ¼ small pkg fresh basil ½ (5 oz) pkg baby arugula
- 6Halve the grape tomatoes lenghtwise and add to a medium bowl.
- 7Cut the fresh mozzarella into bite-sized pieces and add to the bowl.
½ (8 oz) pkg fresh mozzarella cheese
- 8When pasta is done, drain in a colander, and rinse under cold water to cool; set aside to drain further.
- 9Pick basil leaves off the stems, roll up crosswise, and thinly slice into ribbons. Add half of the basil to the bowl with the tomatoes and mozzarella; reserve the rest for garnish.
- 10Add the pasta to the bowl and toss to combine.
- 11To serve, divide the arugula between plates or bowls, and top with pasta salad. Drizzle balsamic vinaigrette over salad and sprinkle with remaining basil. Enjoy!