- 1 (5 oz) pkgbaby arugula
- ½ small pkgfresh basil
- 1 (8 oz) pkgfresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 clovesgarlic
- 2 pintsgrape tomatoes
- 10 ozpenne pasta
-  balsamic vinegar
-  black pepper
-  extra virgin olive oil
- 1Fill a large pot halfway with water, cover, and bring to a boil. Uncover, add salt and pasta, and stir for a few seconds. Cook until desired firmness, 8-10 minutes.
2 tsp salt 10 oz penne pasta
- 2Peel and mince garlic.
2 cloves garlic
- 3Peel and halve the shallots lengthwise, then thinly slice crosswise into half-rounds.
- 4To make the dressing, add garlic, shallots, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper to a medium bowl. Whisk to combine; set aside.
¼ cup balsamic vinegar ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil ¾ tsp salt ½ tsp black pepper
- 5Wash and dry the fresh produce. (Skip the arugula if it came pre-washed.)
2 pints grape tomatoes ½ small pkg fresh basil 1 (5 oz) pkg baby arugula
- 6Halve the grape tomatoes lengthwise and add to a large bowl.
- 7Cut the fresh mozzarella into bite-sized pieces and add to the bowl.
1 (8 oz) pkg fresh mozzarella cheese
- 8When pasta is done, drain in a colander, and rinse under cold water to cool; set aside to drain further.
- 9Pick basil leaves off the stems, roll up crosswise, and thinly slice into ribbons. Add half of the basil to the bowl with the tomatoes and mozzarella; reserve the rest for garnish.
- 10Add the pasta to the bowl and toss to combine.
- 11To serve, divide the arugula between plates or bowls, and top with pasta salad. Drizzle balsamic vinaigrette over salad and sprinkle with remaining basil. Enjoy!