- 1 (5 oz) pkgbaby spinach
- 1 smallbutternut squash
- 1 mediumcarrot
- 24 fl ozchicken or vegetable broth
- ½ (4 oz) pkgcrumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cupdried cranberries
- 1Gala apple
- 1 (1 inch) pieceginger root
- ⅛ cuppumpkin seeds
- ⅛ cupwalnuts
- 4 fl ozwhole milk
- 1 mediumyellow onion
-  curry powder
-  Dijon mustard
-  extra virgin olive oil
-  onion powder
-  poppy seeds
- 1Wash and dry the fresh produce. (Skip the spinach if it came pre-washed.)
1 medium carrot 1 (1 inch) piece ginger root 1 small butternut squash 1 lemon 1 Gala apple 1 (5 oz) pkg baby spinach
- 2Peel and small dice the carrot. Peel and small dice the onion. Peel and mince or grate the ginger.
1 medium yellow onion
- 3Preheat a large pot over medium heat.
- 4Once the pot is hot, add oil and swirl to coat the bottom.
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 5Add the carrot, onion, and ginger to the pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the veggies are tender, 4-5 minutes.
- 6Meanwhile, trim off and discard the ends of the squash. Halve the squash lengthwise and scrape out the seeds; peel and small dice the squash. You should have about 4 cups of diced squash.
- 7Add the squash, broth, and spices to the pot. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce to a simmer and cook until squash is fork-tender, 10-15 minutes.
24 fl oz (3 cups) chicken or vegetable broth ½ tsp cinnamon ½ tsp curry powder ½ tsp salt
- 8Juice half of the lemon into a large bowl; add the oil, honey, Dijon, onion powder, and poppy seeds. Whisk to combine the dressing.
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 1 tsp honey ¼ tsp Dijon mustard ¼ tsp onion powder ¼ tsp poppy seeds
- 9Core and medium dice apple.
- 10Roughly chop walnuts.
⅛ cup walnuts
- 11Add the spinach, feta, walnuts, cranberries, and apple to the bowl with the dressing. Toss to combine and set aside.
½ (4 oz) pkg crumbled feta cheese ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 12Once the squash is tender, juice remaining lemon into the pot. Add the milk. Stir to combine and remove from the heat.
4 fl oz (½ cup) whole milk
- 13Pureé the soup with an immersion (hand) blender or regular blender.
- 14To serve, divide the soup between bowls and top with pumpkin seeds. Serve with the salad and enjoy!
⅛ cup pumpkin seeds