- 2 (5 oz) pkgsbaby spinach
- 2 smallbutternut squash
- 2 mediumcarrots
- 48 fl ozchicken or vegetable broth
- 1 (4 oz) pkgcrumbled feta cheese
- ½ cupdried cranberries
- 2Gala apples
- 2 (1 inch) piecesginger root
- ¼ cuppumpkin seeds
- ¼ cupwalnuts
- 8 fl ozwhole milk
- 2 mediumyellow onions
-  curry powder
-  Dijon mustard
-  extra virgin olive oil
-  onion powder
-  poppy seeds
- 1Wash and dry the fresh produce. (Skip the spinach if it came pre-washed.)
2 medium carrots 2 (1 inch) pieces ginger root 2 small butternut squash 2 lemons 2 Gala apples 2 (5 oz) pkgs baby spinach
- 2Peel and small dice the carrots. Peel and small dice the onions. Peel and mince or grate the ginger.
2 medium yellow onions
- 3Preheat a large pot over medium heat.
- 4Once the pot is hot, add oil and swirl to coat the bottom.
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 5Add the carrots, onions, and ginger to the pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the veggies are tender, 5-6 minutes.
- 6Meanwhile, trim off and discard the ends of each squash. Halve squashes lengthwise and scrape out the seeds; peel and small dice the squash. You should have about 8 cups of diced squash.
- 7Add the squash, broth, and spices to the pot. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce to a simmer and cook until squash is fork-tender, 10-15 minutes.
48 fl oz (6 cups) chicken or vegetable broth 1 tsp cinnamon 1 tsp curry powder 1 tsp salt
- 8Juice half of the lemons into a large bowl; add the oil, honey, Dijon, onion powder, and poppy seeds. Whisk to combine the dressing.
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil 2 tsp honey ½ tsp Dijon mustard ½ tsp onion powder ½ tsp poppy seeds
- 9Core and medium dice apples.
- 10Roughly chop walnuts.
¼ cup walnuts
- 11Add the spinach, feta, walnuts, cranberries, and apples to the bowl with the dressing. Toss to combine and set aside.
1 (4 oz) pkg crumbled feta cheese ½ cup dried cranberries
- 12Once the squash is tender, juice remaining lemon into the pot. Add the milk. Stir to combine and remove from the heat.
8 fl oz (1 cup) whole milk
- 13Pureé the soup with an immersion (hand) blender or regular blender.
- 14To serve, divide the soup between bowls and top with pumpkin seeds. Serve with the salad and enjoy!
¼ cup pumpkin seeds