- ½ (8 oz) blockcheddar cheese
- 6 ozmacaroni (elbow) pasta
- ½ (15 oz) canpure pumpkin purée
- 4 fl ozwhole milk
-  all-purpose flour
-  black pepper
-  butter, unsalted
-  cayenne pepper
- 1Fill a large pot halfway with water, cover, and bring to a boil. Uncover, add salt and pasta, and stir for a few seconds. Cook until desired firmness, 8-10 minutes.
6 oz macaroni (elbow) pasta 1 tsp salt
- 2While pasta is cooking, melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir, cooking until butter has browned, about 3-4 minutes. Watch it carefully so that it does not burn.
1 tbsp butter, unsalted
- 3Remove pan from heat, stir in flour, cook one minute, whisking constantly.
1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 4Return pan to heat, stir in milk gradually. Bring up to a simmer and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly until thickened.
4 fl oz (½ cup) whole milk
- 5Stir in salt, pepper, and pumpkin.
¼ tsp salt ⅛ tsp black pepper ½ (15 oz) can pure pumpkin purée
- 6Grate cheese and add to pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until cheese is melted.
½ (8 oz) block cheddar cheese
- 7When macaroni is done cooking drain in a colander. Add macaroni to cheese sauce and stir to combine.
- 8To serve, divide the macaroni and cheese between plates or bowls and season with a pinch of cayenne. Enjoy!
1 pinch cayenne pepper