- 1 (8 oz) blockcheddar cheese
- ½ small pkgfresh thyme
- 12 ozmacaroni (elbow) pasta
- ½ (15 oz) canpure pumpkin purée
- 10 fl ozwhole milk
-  all-purpose flour
-  black pepper
-  butter, unsalted
- 1Fill a large pot halfway with water, cover, and bring to a boil. Uncover, add pasta and salt, and stir for a few seconds. Cook until desired firmness, 8-10 minutes.
12 oz macaroni (elbow) pasta 2 tsp salt
- 2While pasta is cooking, melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir, cooking until butter has browned, 3-4 minutes. Watch it carefully so that it does not burn.
2 tbsp butter, unsalted
- 3Remove saucepan from heat, stir in flour, whisking constantly, 1 minute.
2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 4Return saucepan to heat, gradually stir in milk. Bring to a simmer and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly, until thickened.
10 fl oz (1 ¼ cups) whole milk
- 5Wash and dry thyme. Slide leaves off the stems; discard the stems.
½ small pkg fresh thyme
- 6Stir in pumpkin, salt, pepper, and most of the thyme (reserve some for garnish).
½ (15 oz) can pure pumpkin purée 1 tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 7Grate cheese and add to saucepan. Cook, stirring occasionally, until cheese is melted.
1 (8 oz) block cheddar cheese
- 8When macaroni is done cooking, drain in a colander and return to the pot. Add the cheese sauce to the pot and stir to combine.
- 9To serve, divide the macaroni and cheese between plates or bowls and sprinkle with fresh thyme. Enjoy!