- ½ crownbroccoli
- 10 fl ozchicken or vegetable broth
- ½ small bunchgreen onions (scallions)
- ½ cupjasmine rice
- 1pork sausage
- ¼ lbwhite mushrooms
- ½ mediumyellow onion
-  black pepper
-  rice vinegar
-  soy sauce
-  toasted sesame oil
- 1Combine broth, soy sauce, vinegar, and oil in a small saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat.
8 fl oz (1 cup) chicken or vegetable broth 1 tbsp soy sauce ½ tsp rice vinegar 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2Combine additional broth and corn starch in a small bowl; whisk to combine a smooth slurry. When broth in the saucepan comes to a boil, add slurry in a steady stream while whisking quickly. Let boil for 1 minute, then cover and reduce heat to low; simmer the gravy for 30 minutes.
2 fl oz (¼ cup) chicken or vegetable broth 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 3Using a strainer or colander, rinse the rice under cold, running water, then drain and transfer to another small saucepan. Add water and salt; bring the mixture to a boil over high heat.
½ cup jasmine rice 1 cup water ¼ tsp salt
- 4Remove casing from sausage and roughly chop.
1 pork sausage
- 5Once the liquid comes to a boil, stir the mixture, cover the saucepan, and reduce the heat to low. Cook the rice until the liquid is fully absorbed, 15-18 minutes. Once done, remove the rice from the heat and let it stand, still covered, for 5 minutes.
- 6Preheat an ovenproof skillet over medium heat.
- 7When the skillet is hot, add oil and swirl to coat the bottom. Add sausage to the skillet and cook, stirring often, until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Once done, transfer sausage to a small bowl, leaving sausage drippings in the skillet. (Reserve skillet for later use.)
1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 8Meanwhile, wash and dry the fresh produce.
½ crown broccoli ¼ lb white mushrooms ½ small bunch green onions (scallions)
- 9Separate broccoli into bite-sized florets and cut stems into smaller pieces. Slice mushrooms. Peel and thinly slice yellow onion into half rings.
½ medium yellow onion
- 10Preheat oven to broil on high; position rack under the broiler.
- 11Return skillet to stove over high heat and add more oil. Add the vegetables and salt; cook, stirring often, until tender-crisp, 5-7 minutes.
1 tbsp toasted sesame oil ¼ tsp salt
- 12Crack eggs into a medium bowl; add vinegar, salt, and pepper; whisk together.
4 eggs 1 tsp rice vinegar ¼ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 13Stir sausage back into the skillet with the veggies. Reduce heat to medium-high and pour egg mixture evenly over the top. Let cook, undisturbed, until the bottom and sides are firm but the top is still runny, 4-6 minutes.
- 14Meanwhile, trim off and discard the ends of the green onions; cut the onions crosswise into ¼-inch pieces at an angle.
- 15Place skillet in the oven and cook until top is set and golden brown, 3-5 minutes. Remove from the oven and slice into wedges.
- 16To serve, divide rice and egg fu young between dishes. Pour gravy over the egg fu young and top with green onions. Enjoy!