- ½ crownbroccoli
- ⅓ (8 oz) blockcheddar cheese
- 16 fl ozchicken or vegetable broth
- 1 clovegarlic
- ¾ lblean ground beef
- 6 fl ozwhole milk
- ½ mediumyellow onion
-  black pepper
-  extra virgin olive oil
- 1Preheat a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- 2Add beef and spices to the saucepan and, breaking apart with a spoon, cook until browned and crumbly, 3-4 minutes.
¾ lb lean ground beef ½ tsp oregano ½ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 3Meanwhile, peel and small dice onion. Peel and mince garlic.
½ medium yellow onion 1 clove garlic
- 4Transfer beef to a plate and set aside.
- 5Return saucepan to medium-high heat, add oil, and swirl to coat the bottom.
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6Add onion and garlic to the saucepan; cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 3 minutes.
- 7Add broth to the saucepan and bring to a boil.
16 fl oz (2 cups) chicken or vegetable broth
- 8Meanwhile, wash and dry broccoli. Separate into bite-sized florets and cut stems into smaller pieces.
½ crown broccoli
- 9Add broccoli to the saucepan and cook, stirring occasionally, until broccoli is tender, about 3 minutes.
- 10Ladle half the soup into a blender and purée until smooth. Return to the saucepan along with the cooked beef.
- 11Reduce heat to medium, add milk, stir, and cook 5 minutes more.
6 fl oz (¾ cup) whole milk
- 12Meanwhile, coarsely grate cheese.
⅓ (8 oz) block cheddar cheese
- 13Add cheese to the saucepan (reserving a small amount for garnish) and stir until melted.
- 14To serve, divide soup between bowls and top with reserved cheese. Enjoy!