- 1 crownbroccoli
- ⅔ (8 oz) blockcheddar cheese
- 32 fl ozchicken or vegetable broth
- 2 clovesgarlic
- 1 ½ lblean ground beef
- 12 fl ozwhole milk
- 1 mediumyellow onion
-  black pepper
-  extra virgin olive oil
- 1Preheat a large pot over medium-high heat.
- 2Add beef and spices to the pot and, breaking apart with a spoon, cook until browned and crumbly, 4-5 minutes.
1 ½ lb lean ground beef 1 tsp oregano 1 tsp salt ½ tsp black pepper
- 3Meanwhile, peel and small dice onion. Peel and mince garlic.
1 medium yellow onion 2 cloves garlic
- 4Transfer beef to a plate and set aside.
- 5Return pot to medium-high heat, add oil, and swirl to coat the bottom.
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6Add onion and garlic to the pot; cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 4 minutes.
- 7Add broth to the pot and bring to a boil.
32 fl oz (4 cups) chicken or vegetable broth
- 8Meanwhile, wash and dry broccoli. Separate into bite-sized florets and cut stems into smaller pieces.
1 crown broccoli
- 9Add broccoli to the pot and cook, stirring occasionally, until broccoli is tender, about 3 minutes.
- 10Working in batches if necessary, ladle half the soup into a blender and purée until smooth. Return to the pot along with the cooked beef.
- 11Reduce heat to medium, add milk, stir, and cook 5 minutes more.
12 fl oz (1 ½ cups) whole milk
- 12Meanwhile, coarsely grate cheese.
⅔ (8 oz) block cheddar cheese
- 13Add cheese to the pot (reserving a small amount for garnish) and stir until melted.
- 14To serve, divide soup between bowls and top with reserved cheese. Enjoy!