- ½English cucumber
- 3 clovesgarlic
- ½ small bunchItalian (flat-leaf) parsley
- ¼ cupplain Greek yogurt
- ½ mediumred onion
- ¾ lbstriploin (New York strip) steak
- 2whole grain pitas
-  black pepper
-  crushed red pepper
-  extra virgin olive oil
-  virgin coconut oil
- 1Wash and dry the fresh produce.
2 tomatoes ½ English cucumber 1 lemon ½ small bunch Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 2Cut the tomatoes and cucumbers into ¼-inch cubes and transfer to a medium salad bowl.
- 3Shave leaves off the parsley stems; discard the stems and mince the leaves. Add to the medium salad bowl with the cucumber and tomatoes to make the salad.
- 4Juice the lemon, add half of the juice to the salad and put the other half aside in a small bowl.
- 5Add oil, salt, pepper to the salad; stir to combine.
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil ½ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 6Peel and mince garlic.
3 cloves garlic
- 7Combine oil, cumin, paprika, salt, pepper, crushed red pepper, and two thirds of the garlic in an another medium bowl to make the marinade.
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 1 tsp cumin 1 tsp paprika ½ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper ¼ ml crushed red pepper
- 8Peel and small dice the onion; transfer to the marinade bowl with the oil and spices.
½ medium red onion
- 9Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- 10While the pan heats up, pat the beef dry with paper towels, then cut into 1-inch chunks. Add to the bowl with the marinade; stir until well combined.
¾ lb striploin (New York strip) steak
- 11Once the skillet is hot, add oil and swirl to coat the bottom; add beef mixture. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft and beef is cooked through, 4-6 minutes.
1 tsp virgin coconut oil
- 12Toast pita bread if desired.
2 whole grain pitas
- 13To the remaining lemon juice, add yogurt, salt and one-third of the garlic. Whisk to make the dressing.
¼ cup plain Greek yogurt ½ tsp salt
- 14To serve, place pita bread on a plate and top with beef, salad and yogurt dressing. Enjoy!