- 1English cucumber
- 6 clovesgarlic
- 1 small bunchItalian (flat-leaf) parsley
- ½ cupplain Greek yogurt
- 1 mediumred onion
- 1 ½ lbstriploin (New York strip) steak
- 4whole grain pitas
-  black pepper
-  crushed red pepper
-  extra virgin olive oil
-  virgin coconut oil
- 1Wash and dry the fresh produce.
4 tomatoes 1 English cucumber 2 lemons 1 small bunch Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 2Cut the tomatoes and cucumbers into ¼-inch cubes and transfer to a medium salad bowl.
- 3Shave leaves off the parsley stems; discard the stems and mince the leaves. Add to the medium salad bowl with the cucumber and tomatoes to make the salad.
- 4Juice the lemon, add half of the juice to the salad and put the other half aside in a small bowl.
- 5Add oil, salt, and pepper to the salad; stir to combine.
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil 1 tsp salt ½ tsp black pepper
- 6Peel and mince garlic.
6 cloves garlic
- 7Combine oil, cumin, paprika, salt, pepper, crushed red pepper, and two thirds of the garlic in an another medium bowl to make the marinade.
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 2 tsp cumin 2 tsp paprika 1 tsp salt ½ tsp black pepper ½ tsp crushed red pepper
- 8Peel and small dice the onion; transfer to the marinade bowl with the oil and spices.
1 medium red onion
- 9Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- 10While the pan heats up, pat the beef dry with paper towels, then cut into 1-inch chunks. Add to the bowl with the marinade; stir until well combined.
1 ½ lb striploin (New York strip) steak
- 11Once the skillet is hot, add oil and swirl to coat the bottom; add beef mixture. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft and beef is cooked through, 4-6 minutes.
2 tsp virgin coconut oil
- 12Toast pita bread if desired.
4 whole grain pitas
- 13To the remaining lemon juice, add yogurt, salt, and one-third of the garlic. Whisk to make the dressing.
½ cup plain Greek yogurt 1 tsp salt
- 14To serve, place pita bread on a plate and top with beef, salad, and yogurt dressing. Enjoy!