- 1 mediumcarrot
- 6 fl ozchicken or vegetable broth
- 1 lbchicken thighs, boneless skinless
- ½ small bunchgreen onions (scallions)
- ¼ small headred cabbage
- 4whole grain buns or rolls
-  black pepper
-  brown sugar
-  chili powder
-  garlic powder
-  white wine vinegar
- 1Place a large pot over medium heat. Add broth, vinegar, sugar, and spices; stir to combine and bring to a gentle boil.
6 fl oz (¾ cup) chicken or vegetable broth 2 tbsp white wine vinegar 1 tbsp brown sugar 1 tsp paprika ¼ tsp chili powder ¼ tsp garlic powder ¼ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2To make the dressing, combine mayo, vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl and set aside.
2 tbsp mayonnaise 1 tsp white wine vinegar ½ tsp brown sugar ½ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 3Add chicken to the pot and cover with a lid. Poach until chicken is cooked through, 12-15 minutes.
1 lb chicken thighs, boneless skinless
- 4Wash and dry the fresh produce.
1 medium carrot ½ small bunch green onions (scallions) ¼ small head red cabbage
- 5Trim carrot ends, peel, and grate. Trim off and discard the ends of the green onions; slice crosswise into ¼-inch pieces. Add carrots and onions to the bowl with dressing.
- 6Trim off and discard the root end of the cabbage; halve the cabbage lengthwise, then thinly slice crosswise into shreds and add to the bowl with the carrots. Toss the slaw until well coated.
- 7When chicken thighs are cooked through, use tongs to transfer them to a plate, leaving the liquid in the pot. Increase the temperature to medium-high and stir the ketchup into the liquid. Simmer, stirring frequently, until liquid is reduced by half and can coat the back of a spoon, 4-5 minutes.
1 tbsp ketchup
- 8Preheat oven to broil and position rack in the center of the the oven.
- 9Using two forks, shred the chicken into bite-sized pieces. When the sauce is reduced, add the chicken back to the pot and stir to coat.
- 10Halve the buns and arrange them cut-side up on a baking sheet; toast until golden brown, 1-2 minutes.
4 whole grain buns or rolls
- 11To serve, divide the buns between plates, top the bottoms with chicken and some of the slaw; close with the top half of the bun. Serve with remaining slaw on the side. Enjoy!