- 2 mediumcarrots
- 12 fl ozchicken or vegetable broth
- 2 lbchicken thighs, boneless skinless
- 1 small bunchgreen onions (scallions)
- ½ small headred cabbage
- 8whole grain buns or rolls
-  black pepper
-  brown sugar
-  chili powder
-  garlic powder
-  white wine vinegar
- 1Place a large pot over medium heat. Add broth, vinegar, sugar, and spices; stir to combine and bring to a gentle boil.
12 fl oz (1 ½ cups) chicken or vegetable broth ¼ cup white wine vinegar 2 tbsp brown sugar 2 tsp paprika ½ tsp chili powder ½ tsp garlic powder ½ tsp salt ½ tsp black pepper
- 2To make the dressing, combine mayo, vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl and set aside.
¼ cup mayonnaise 2 tsp white wine vinegar 1 tsp brown sugar 1 tsp salt ½ tsp black pepper
- 3Add chicken to the pot and cover with a lid. Poach until chicken is cooked through, 12-15 minutes.
2 lb chicken thighs, boneless skinless
- 4Wash and dry the fresh produce.
2 medium carrots 1 small bunch green onions (scallions) ½ small head red cabbage
- 5Trim carrot ends, peel, and grate. Trim off and discard the ends of the green onions; slice crosswise into ¼-inch pieces. Add carrots and onions to the bowl with dressing.
- 6Trim off and discard the root end of the cabbage; halve the cabbage lengthwise, then thinly slice crosswise into shreds and add to the bowl with the carrots. Toss the slaw until well coated.
- 7When chicken thighs are cooked through, use tongs to transfer them to a plate, leaving the liquid in the pot. Increase the temperature to medium-high and stir the ketchup into the liquid. Simmer, stirring frequently, until liquid is reduced by half and can coat the back of a spoon, 4-5 minutes.
2 tbsp ketchup
- 8Preheat oven to broil and position rack in the center of the the oven.
- 9Using two forks, shred the chicken into bite-sized pieces. When the sauce is reduced, add the chicken back to the pot and stir to coat.
- 10Halve the buns and arrange them cut-side up on a baking sheet; toast until golden brown, 1-2 minutes.
8 whole grain buns or rolls
- 11To serve, divide the buns between plates, top the bottoms with chicken and some of the slaw; close with the top half of the bun. Serve with remaining slaw on the side. Enjoy!