- ½ (5 oz) pkgbaby spinach
- ⅓ cupbasmati rice
- ¼ (4 oz) pkgcrumbled feta cheese
- ½English cucumber
- 1 clovegarlic
- ½ small bunchItalian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 2pork sausages
- 1red bell pepper
-  apple cider vinegar
-  black pepper
-  Dijon mustard
-  extra virgin olive oil
- 1Using a strainer or colander, rinse the rice under cold, running water, then drain and transfer to a medium saucepan. Add water and bring the mixture to a boil over high heat.
⅓ cup basmati rice ⅔ cup water
- 2Once the liquid comes to a boil, stir the mixture, add the sausages, cover the saucepan, and reduce the heat to low. Cook the rice until the liquid is fully absorbed and sausages are cooked through, 15-18 minutes. Once done, remove from the heat and let stand, still covered, for 5 minutes.
2 pork sausages
- 3Meanwhile, wash and dry the fresh produce. (Skip the spinach if it came pre-washed.)
1 lemon ½ small bunch Italian (flat-leaf) parsley ½ English cucumber 1 red bell pepper ½ (5 oz) pkg baby spinach
- 4Juice the lemon into a medium salad bowl.
- 5Shave parsley leaves off the stems; discard the stems and mince the leaves. Add to the bowl with the lemon juice.
- 6Peel and mince the garlic; add to the bowl.
1 clove garlic
- 7Add oil, Dijon, vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper; whisk to combine the dressing.
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 2 tsp Dijon mustard 1 tsp apple cider vinegar ½ tsp honey ¼ tsp salt 1 pinch black pepper
- 8Small dice the cucumber; add to the bowl with the dressing.
- 9Seed and small dice the bell pepper; add to the bowl.
- 10When the rice is done, carefully remove the sausages. Allow them to cool slightly; cut lengthwise and then crosswise into thin half-moons.
- 11Add sausage and rice to the bowl with the veggies and dressing. Toss to combine.
- 12To serve, divide spinach between plates and top with sausage and rice salad. Sprinkle feta over top and enjoy!
¼ (4 oz) pkg crumbled feta cheese