- 2 mediumcarrots
- 2 stickscelery
- 12 fl ozchicken or vegetable broth
- 1 clovegarlic
- ½ (4 oz) loggoat cheese
- ¾ cupgreen lentils
- ½ small bunchItalian (flat-leaf) parsley
-  black pepper
-  Dijon mustard
-  extra virgin olive oil
-  red wine vinegar
- 1Rinse lentils under cold water and transfer to a small saucepan. Cover with broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and, stirring occasionally, cook until just tender, 15-20 minutes.
¾ cup green lentils 12 fl oz (1 ½ cups) chicken or vegetable broth
- 2Wash carrots and celery. Peel and small dice carrots. Small dice celery.
2 medium carrots 2 sticks celery
- 3Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- 4Peel and thinly slice shallot crosswise; separate into rings.
- 5Coat bottom of skillet with oil. Add shallot and, stirring occasionally, cook until it begins to soften, 2-3 minutes.
½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6Wash and dry parsley. Shave leaves off the stems; discard the stems and mince the leaves.
½ small bunch Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 7Add carrots and celery to skillet and season with salt and pepper. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes more.
¼ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 8Peel and mince garlic. In a large bowl, prepare salad dressing by whisking together garlic, olive oil, vinegar, Dijon, thyme, salt, and pepper.
1 clove garlic 1 ½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil ½ tbsp red wine vinegar ⅛ tsp Dijon mustard ⅛ tsp thyme ⅛ tsp salt ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 9Add vegetables and parsley to bowl with vinaigrette.
- 10Drain lentils and add to bowl. Toss salad.
- 11Serve on a plate and crumble goat cheese over top. Enjoy!
½ (4 oz) log goat cheese