- 2 (398 ml) cansblack beans
- 1 small bunchcilantro
- 2 clovesgarlic
- 2jalapeño peppers
- 4 capsportobello mushrooms
- 12small corn tortillas
- 1 mediumyellow onion
-  cayenne pepper
-  chili powder
-  extra virgin olive oil
-  pure maple syrup
-  soy sauce
- 1Wash and dry the fresh produce.
1 orange 2 limes 4 caps portobello mushrooms 2 jalapeño peppers 1 avocado 1 small bunch cilantro
- 2Juice orange into a medium bowl. Juice one of the limes into the same bowl; cut remaining lime into wedges and set aside.
- 3Peel and mince garlic; add to the bowl with the citrus juice, along with soy sauce, maple syrup, and spices. Whisk to combine the marinade.
2 cloves garlic 2 tbsp soy sauce 4 tsp pure maple syrup 2 tsp coriander 1 tsp cumin 1 tsp oregano 1 tsp chili powder ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 4Remove mushroom stems and discard; cut mushrooms in half and then crosswise into thin strips. Add to the bowl with the marinade.
- 5Peel, halve, and thinly slice onion into half moons. Add to the bowl with the mushrooms and toss to combine.
1 medium yellow onion
- 6Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 7Once the skillet is hot, add oil and swirl to coat the bottom. Add the mushrooms, onions, and any leftover marinade. Cook, stirring often, until veggies become soft and golden, and the marinade has reduced, about 10 minutes.
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 8Meanwhile, whisk together mayo and chili powder in a small bowl and set aside.
⅓ cup mayonnaise ¼ tsp chili powder
- 9Thinly slice jalapeños into rounds and set aside. (Be careful, with jalapeños, do not touch your eyes and ensure you wash your hands after handling or wear gloves while preparing.)
- 10Halve and pit the avocado. Slice thinly while still in the skin, then scoop out with a spoon and set aside.
- 11Drain and rinse the beans. Add to the skillet with the mushrooms and continue to cook, stirring often, until beans are warmed through, 2-3 minutes.
2 (398 ml) cans black beans
- 12Meanwhile, shave cilantro leaves off the stems; discard stems and mince the leaves. Stir half the cilantro into the skillet and remove from the heat. (Reserve remaining cilantro for garnish.)
- 13Warm tortillas in another skillet, oven, or microwave (optional), 15-30 seconds.
12 small corn tortillas
- 14To serve, divide tortillas between plates and fill with the portobello "carnitas" mixture. Top with avocado, chili mayo, jalapeños, and reserved cilantro. Enjoy!