- 1 cupbasmati rice
- 2 crownsbroccoli
- 1 cupcashews, roasted unsalted
- 2 clovesgarlic
- 2 (1 inch) piecesginger root
- 2red bell peppers
- 2 (8 oz) pkgsugar snap peas
-  crushed red pepper
-  soy sauce
-  virgin coconut oil
- 1Using a strainer or colander, rinse the rice under cold, running water, then drain and transfer to a small saucepan. Season the rice with salt and add water; bring the mixture to a boil over high heat.
1 cup basmati rice ¼ tsp salt 16 fl oz (2 cups) water
- 2Wash broccoli, bell peppers, and sugar snap peas.
2 crowns broccoli 2 red bell peppers 2 (8 oz) pkg sugar snap peas
- 3Once the liquid comes to a boil, stir the mixture, cover the saucepan, and reduce the heat to low. Cook the rice until the liquid is fully absorbed, 15 to 18 minutes. Once done, remove the rice from the heat and let it stand, still covered, for 5 minutes.
- 4Separate broccoli into bite-sized florets, cut stems into smaller pieces, and transfer to a large bowl. Seed, medium dice, and add bell peppers to bowl. Halve peas and add to bowl.
- 5Heat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- 6Peel and mince garlic. Peel and mince or grate ginger.
2 cloves garlic 2 (1 inch) pieces ginger root
- 7In a small bowl, prepare sauce by whisking together soy sauce and cornstarch.
4 tbsp soy sauce 2 tsp cornstarch
- 8Coat bottom of skillet with oil. Add garlic, ginger, and crushed red pepper. Cook until fragrant, 15-30 seconds.
2 tbsp virgin coconut oil ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- 9Add all the vegetables from the bowl to skillet. Stir fry until tender-crisp, 4-5 minutes.
- 10Add sauce and cashews to skillet. Stir fry until vegetables and cashews are well coated with sauce, 1-2 minutes.
1 cup cashews, roasted unsalted
- 11Uncover the rice and fluff with a fork.
- 12Place rice in a bowl and top with stir fry. Enjoy!