- 1 cupbasmati rice
- 4 mediumcarrots
- 2 (12 oz) pkgextra firm tofu
- 2 cupsfrozen peas
- 2 clovesgarlic
- 1 small bunchgreen onions (scallions)
- 1 mediumyellow onion
-  soy sauce
-  toasted sesame oil
- 1Using a strainer or colander, rinse the rice under cold, running water, then drain and transfer to a small saucepan. Add water and bring the mixture to a boil over high heat.
1 cup basmati rice 16 fl oz (2 cups) water
- 2Once the liquid comes to a boil, stir the mixture, cover the saucepan, and reduce the heat to low. Cook the rice until the liquid is fully absorbed, 15 to 18 minutes. Once done, remove the rice from the heat and let it stand, still covered, for 5 minutes.
- 3Wash carrots and green onions. Peel and small dice carrots. Trim and discard root ends and chop onions. Transfer both to a plate. Measure out peas.
4 carrots 1 small bunch green onions 2 cups frozen peas
- 4Heat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- 5Drain and medium dice tofu. Transfer to paper towels and pat dry.
2 (12 oz) pkg extra firm tofu
- 6Coat bottom of skillet with oil. Add tofu and season with salt. Stirring occasionally, cook until lightly browned, 3-4 minutes.
2 tbsp toasted sesame oil ¼ tsp salt
- 7Peel and small dice onion. Peel and mince garlic.
1 medium yellow onion 2 cloves garlic
- 8Transfer tofu to a plate and return skillet to stove. Add more oil to skillet, followed by garlic, yellow onion, ½ of the green onions (save the rest for garnishing), carrots, and peas. Stirring often, cook until carrots are tender, 3-4 minutes.
2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 9In a small bowl, whisk eggs.
- 10Move vegetables to one side of skillet and pour eggs on the other side. Scramble eggs until cooked and mix with vegetables.
- 11Uncover the rice and fluff with a fork.
- 12Add rice, tofu, and soy sauce to vegetables. Stir until well combined and heated through, 1-2 minutes.
4 tbsp soy sauce
- 13To serve, place fried rice in a bowl and garnish with remaining green onions. Enjoy!