- 1 cupbasmati rice
- 2 (12 oz) pkgextra firm tofu
- 1 small pkgfresh basil
- 4 clovesgarlic
-  crushed red pepper
-  rice vinegar
-  soy sauce
-  toasted sesame oil
-  virgin coconut oil
- 1Using a strainer or colander, rinse the rice under cold, running water, then drain and transfer to a small saucepan. Season the rice with salt and add water; bring the mixture to a boil over high heat.
1 cup basmati rice ½ tsp salt 2 cups water
- 2Wash and dry the fresh produce.
2 eggplants 1 small bunch fresh basil
- 3Pick the basil leaves off the stems; discard the stems and roughly chop the leaves. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
- 4Once the liquid comes to a boil, stir the mixture, cover the saucepan, and reduce the heat to low. Cook the rice until the liquid is fully absorbed, 15 to 18 minutes. Once done, remove the rice from the heat and let it stand, still covered, for 5 minutes.
- 5Trim off and discard the root ends of the garlic; peel and mince or press the garlic. Transfer to a small bowl.
4 cloves garlic
- 6Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- 7While the skillet heats up, drain and large dice the tofu (cut into ¾-inch cubes); place the cubes on paper towels or a clean towel and pat dry.
2 (12 oz) pkg extra firm tofu
- 8Once the skillet is hot, add coconut oil and swirl to coat the bottom.
1 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 9Add the tofu to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Once done, transfer the tofu to a bowl.
- 10While the tofu cooks, trim off and discard the ends of the eggplants; large dice the eggplants (cut into ¾-inch cubes).
- 11Once the tofu has been transferred, add more coconut oil to the skillet followed by the garlic. Cook the garlic until fragrant, 15 to 30 seconds.
1 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 12Add the eggplants to the skillet; cook, stirring occasionally, until the eggplant is tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
- 13In a medium bowl, combine and whisk together water, soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, sesame oil, cornstarch, and crushed red pepper.
4 tbsp water 4 tbsp soy sauce 2 tbsp rice vinegar 2 tsp honey 1 tsp toasted sesame oil 2 tsp cornstarch ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- 14Add the tofu and about ¾ of the basil (save the rest for garnishing) to the skillet, then pour in the sauce; stir until the tofu and eggplant are thoroughly coated in the sauce the sauce has thickened, 1 to 2 minutes.
- 15Uncover the rice and fluff with a fork.
- 16To serve, divide the rice between plates or bowls, top with the stir fry, and garnish with the remaining basil. Enjoy!