- 2 cupsbasmati rice
- 710 mlchicken or vegetable broth
- 0.45 kgcremini mushrooms
- 2 clovesgarlic
- 1 small bunchItalian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 113 gParmesan cheese
- 2 capsportobello mushrooms
- 0.45 kgwhite mushrooms
-  black pepper
-  butter, unsalted
-  extra virgin olive oil
- 1Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat. Trim off and discard the ends of the shallots; peel and finely dice the shallot. Add to the skillet, stirring regularly.
2 shallots 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2Wash and dry all of the mushrooms.
0.45 kg white mushrooms 0.45 kg cremini mushrooms 2 caps portobello mushrooms
- 3Remove the stems of the portobello mushrooms. Using a spoon, carefully scrape out the gills, making sure not to damage the rim of the mushrooms. Dice into 1-inch cubes and add to the skillet.
- 4Slice the remaining mushrooms and add to the skillet.
- 5Peel and mince garlic. Add to the skillet.
2 cloves garlic
- 6Season mushroom mixture with thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are tender and shallots are translucent, about 5-6 minutes.
⅛ tsp thyme 2 tsp salt ⅛ tsp black pepper 1 tsp rosemary
- 7Using a strainer or colander, rinse the rice under cold, running water, then drain and transfer to skillet. Add broth and bring mixture to a boil.
2 cups basmati rice 710 ml chicken or vegetable broth
- 8Lower heat to medium-low. Cover with a tight fitting lid and cook without disturbing for 15-20 minutes.
- 9Wash and dry parsley. Shave leaves off the stems; discard the stems and mince the leaves.
1 small bunch Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 10When rice is cooked, stir in butter and Parmesan cheese until melted. Top with prepared parsley. Serve warm, enjoy!
113 g Parmesan cheese 4 tbsp butter, unsalted