- 1 cupbasmati rice
- ¼ cupcashews, roasted unsalted
- 1 lbchicken breasts, boneless skinless
- 1 small bunchcilantro
- 4 clovesgarlic
- 1 smallpineapple
- 1 mediumred onion
-  crushed red pepper
-  fish sauce
-  soy sauce
-  virgin coconut oil
- 1Using a strainer or colander, rinse the rice under cold, running water, then drain and transfer to a small saucepan. Add water and bring the mixture to a boil over high heat.
1 cup basmati rice 16 fl oz (2 cups) water
- 2Slice skin from pineapple, core, and cut into bite-sized pieces. Transfer to a bowl.
1 small pineapple
- 3Once the liquid comes to a boil, stir the mixture, cover the saucepan, and reduce the heat to low. Cook the rice until the liquid is fully absorbed, 15 to 18 minutes. Once done, remove the rice from the heat and let it stand, still covered, for 5 minutes.
- 4Peel and thinly slice onion into half rings. Peel and mince garlic. Wash and dry cilantro. Shave cilantro leaves off the stems; discard the stems and mince the leaves.
1 medium red onion 4 cloves garlic 1 small bunch cilantro
- 5Heat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- 6Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces and season with salt.
1 lb chicken breasts, boneless skinless ⅛ tsp salt
- 7Coat bottom of skillet with oil. Add chicken and, stirring occasionally, cook until cooked through, 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
about 2 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 8Return skillet to stove and add more oil. Add onion, garlic, and crushed red pepper. Stirring frequently, cook until onion is softened, 2-3 minutes.
about 2 tbsp virgin coconut oil ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- 9Uncover the rice and fluff with a fork.
- 10Add rice and fish sauce to skillet. Stir until well combined, 1-2 minutes.
2 tbsp fish sauce
- 11Stir in chicken, pineapple, cashews, ½ of the cilantro (save the rest for garnishing), and soy sauce. Remove from heat.
¼ cup cashews, roasted unsalted 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 12To serve, place rice in a bowl and garnish with remaining cilantro. Enjoy!