- 1 cupbasmati rice
- 1 small bunchcilantro
- 1 (13.5 fl oz) cancoconut milk
- 4 clovesgarlic
- 2 (1 inch) piecesginger root
- 1 ½ lbraw peeled shrimp, fresh or frozen
- 2red bell peppers
-  crushed red pepper
-  curry powder
-  virgin coconut oil
- 1Rinse rice in a strainer until water runs clear and transfer to a small saucepan. Add water and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, stir, and cover. Cook until liquid is absorbed, 15-18 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
1 cup basmati rice 2 cups water ½ tsp salt
- 2If using frozen shrimp, place in a medium bowl, cover with cold water, and set aside to thaw. If using fresh shrimp, skip this step.
1 ½ lb raw peeled shrimp, fresh or frozen
- 3Heat a sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- 4Wash, seed, and julienne (cut into thin sticks) bell peppers. Wash and small dice tomatoes.
2 red bell peppers 4 tomatoes
- 5Coat bottom of pan with oil. Add pepper and, stirring frequently, cook until tender-crisp, 2-3 minutes.
about 1 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 6Peel and mince garlic and ginger.
4 cloves garlic 2 (1 inch) pieces ginger
- 7Add garlic, ginger, curry, and red pepper to pan. Cook until fragrant, 15-30 seconds.
2 tsp curry powder ½ tsp crushed red pepper
- 8Add tomatoes and coconut milk. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until sauce thickens slightly, 5-6 minutes.
1 (13.5 fl oz) can coconut milk
- 9Wash and dry cilantro. Shave leaves off the stems; discard the stems and mince the leaves.
1 small bunch cilantro
- 10Drain and rinse shrimp under cold water until there are no more ice chunks. Place on paper towels and pat dry. If using fresh shrimp, skip this step.
- 11Add shrimp and ½ of the cilantro (save the rest for garnishing) to pan and stir. Cook until shrimp are opaque, 2-3 minutes.
- 12Add lime juice and season with salt. Remove from heat.
juice of 1 lime ¼ tsp salt
- 13Cut remaining lime into wedges.
- 14Uncover rice and fluff with a fork.
- 15To serve, place rice in a bowl, top with curry, and garnish with remaining cilantro and lime wedges. Enjoy!