- 3 mediumcarrots
- 1 small pkgfresh basil
- 3 clovesgarlic
- 1jalapeño pepper
- ½ cupjasmine rice
- ¾ lblean ground beef
-  black pepper
-  fish sauce
-  soy sauce
-  virgin coconut oil
- 1Rinse the rice in a colander and transfer to a small saucepan. Add water and salt; bring to a boil.
½ cup jasmine rice 1 cup water ⅛ tsp salt
- 2While the rice comes to a boil, wash and dry the fresh produce.
3 medium carrots 1 jalapeño pepper 2 limes ½ small pkg fresh basil
- 3Once the water is boiling, reduce the heat to low, stir, and cover. Cook until the liquid is absorbed, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and let it stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
- 4Pick the basil leaves off the stems; discard the stems and transfer the leaves to a small bowl.
- 5Juice 1 ½ of the limes into a small bowl and cut the remaining half into wedges (for serving).
- 6Trim the stem ends of the carrots and peel; discard the trimmings and julienne or coarsely grate the carrots. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- 7Halve the jalapeño lengthwise and remove and discard the seeds; thinly slice the halves crosswise. Transfer to a small bowl.
- 8Peel and mince the garlic; add to the bowl of jalapeño.
3 cloves garlic
- 9Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- 10Add coconut oil to the skillet and swirl to coat the bottom.
½ tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 11Add the jalapeño and garlic; cook until fragrant, 15 to 30 seconds.
- 12Add the beef and season with salt and pepper. Cook, breaking apart into smaller pieces, until cooked through and browned, 3 to 5 minutes.
¾ lb lean ground beef ⅛ tsp salt ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 13While the beef cooks, add half of the basil leaves and half of the lime juice to the carrots; toss to combine.
- 14Add water and the remaining basil leaves to the beef; cook, stirring, until the basil wilts, 1 to 2 minutes.
¼ cup water
- 15In a small bowl, combine and whisk together soy sauce, fish sauce, honey, and the remaining lime juice.
1 tbsp soy sauce ½ tbsp fish sauce ½ tsp honey
- 16Divide the rice between two bowls (or one bowl and one lunch container), top with the beef and carrot-basil salad, and drizzle with the soy dressing. Serve lime wedges alongside for squeezing. Enjoy!