- 2 headsbutter (Boston) lettuce
- ½ (8 oz) blockcheddar cheese
- 2 clovesgarlic
- 1 pintgrape tomatoes
- 1 small bunchgreen onions (scallions)
- 1 ½ lblean ground beef
- 1 mediumyellow onion
-  black pepper
-  chili powder
-  virgin coconut oil
- 1Wash and dry the fresh produce (skip the lettuce until the next step).
1 pint grape tomatoes 1 small bunch green onions (scallions)
- 2Trim off and discard the root end of the lettuce; separate the leaves, then wash and dry them. Transfer to a plate.
2 heads butter (Boston) lettuce
- 3Trim off and discard the ends of the green onions; cut the onions crosswise into ¼-inch pieces at an angle and transfer to a small bowl.
- 4Quarter the grape tomatoes and transfer to a small bowl.
- 5Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- 6Trim off and discard the ends of the onion and remove the outer layer; small dice the onion (cut into ¼-inch pieces).
1 medium yellow onion
- 7Once the skillet is hot, add coconut oil and swirl to coat the bottom.
1 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 8Add the onion to the skillet; cook, stirring frequently, until softened, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 9Trim off and discard the root ends of the garlic; peel and mince or press the garlic.
2 cloves garlic
- 10Add the garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper to the onion; stir until fragrant, 15 to 30 seconds.
1 tbsp chili powder 1 tsp cumin 1 tsp salt ½ tsp black pepper
- 11Add the ground beef to the skillet and; cook, breaking apart with a spoon, until browned and crumbly, 4 to 5 minutes.
1 ½ lb lean ground beef
- 12Coarsely grate ½ cup of cheddar.
½ (8 oz) block cheddar cheese
- 13To serve, double up the lettuce leaves and fill with the ground beef mixture, tomatoes, cheddar, and green onions. Alternatively, combine all of the ingredients in a bowl to make a salad. Enjoy!