- ½ (5 oz) pkgbaby spinach
- ¼ cupcashews, roasted unsalted
- 1 small pkgfresh basil
- 1 clovegarlic
- ½ pintgrape tomatoes
- 7 ozpenne pasta
- 18sun-dried tomatoes, oil-packed
-  black pepper
-  extra virgin olive oil
- 1Boil water in a kettle. (If you do not have a kettle, boil water in a saucepan, starting with hot tap water.)
½ cup water
- 2In a small bowl, pour boiling water over cashews and set aside to soak.
¼ cup cashews, roasted unsalted
- 3Fill a medium saucepan halfway with water, cover, and bring to a boil. Uncover, add salt and pasta, and stir for a few seconds. Cook until desired firmness, 8-10 minutes.
7 oz penne pasta ½ tsp salt
- 4Meanwhile, wash and dry the fresh produce. (Skip the spinach if it came pre-washed.)
½ pint grape tomatoes 1 small pkg fresh basil ½ lemon ½ (5 oz) pkg baby spinach
- 5Halve the tomatoes and set aside in a small bowl.
- 6Pick basil leaves off the stems, roll up crosswise, and slice into ribbons. Add to the bowl with the tomatoes, setting some aside to use as garnish.
- 7Thinly slice the sun-dried tomatoes and add to the bowl.
12 sun-dried tomatoes, oil-packed
- 8Juice the lemon into a blender. Peel and mince garlic; add to the blender.
1 clove garlic
- 9Add additional sun-dried tomatoes, oil, salt, and pepper to the blender.
6 sun-dried tomatoes, oil-packed 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil ¼ tsp salt ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 10Add cashews, and the water you soaked them in, to the blender. Blend on high speed for several minutes until smooth.
- 11Place spinach in a large colander in the sink. When the pasta is cooked, carefully empty into the colander over the spinach to drain and to wilt the spinach. Return the pasta and spinach to the pan and stir in the cashew-cream, dried and fresh tomatoes, and basil.
- 12To serve, divide pasta between plates, garnish with reserved basil, and enjoy!