- 1 (15 oz) canblack beans
- ¼ (8 oz) blockcheddar cheese
- ½ small bunchcilantro
- 1 (14.5 oz) candiced tomatoes
- 1 clovegarlic
- ½ small bunchgreen onions (scallions)
- ½ lbsweet potato
- 1 mediumyellow onion
-  butter, unsalted
-  cayenne pepper
-  chili powder
-  extra virgin olive oil
- 1Preheat oven to 450°F and place the rack in the center position.
- 2Wash and dry the fresh produce.
½ lb sweet potato ½ small bunch cilantro ½ small bunch green onions (scallions)
- 3Cut sweet potato in half lengthwise. Rub the inside and outside of the potato with oil and season with salt. Place cut side down on a baking sheet pan and pierce skin all over with a fork. Bake for 25 minutes until sweet potatoes are fork tender.
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil 1 tsp salt
- 4Meanwhile, preheat a medium saucepan over medium heat. When heated, add butter to the pan.
1 tbsp butter, unsalted
- 5Peel and small dice the onion. Peel and mince or press the garlic. Add to onions and garlic to the pan; cook, stirring frequently, until translucent, about 5 minutes.
1 medium yellow onion 1 clove garlic
- 6Drain and rinse beans in a colander. Add to pan with the onion and garlic.
1 (15 oz) can black beans
- 7Drain diced tomatoes using the colander and discard juice. Add tomatoes to pan.
1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 8Season the bean mixture with chili powder, cumin, salt, and cayenne pepper. Stir until fragrant, 15 to 30 seconds.
½ tsp salt ¼ tsp cumin ¼ tsp chili powder ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- 9Turn heat up to medium-high and cook, stirring occasionally, until the beans are warmed through and tender, 5 minutes. Mash some of the beans with a potato masher.
- 10Remove the sweet potatoes from the oven when fork-tender. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- 11Scrape out the flesh of the sweet potatoes, leaving the skins intact and a thin layer of potato inside, set skins aside.
- 12Add the sweet potato flesh to a bowl with the bean mixture, stir to combine.
- 13Grate cheddar cheese.
¼ (8 oz) block cheddar cheese
- 14Halve and pit the avocado; slice avocado crosswise while still in the skin and scoop out with a spoon.
- 15Shave the cilantro leaves off the stems; discard the stems and mince the leaves.
- 16Trim and discard root ends of green onions, and chop.
- 17To serve, return the bean mixture to the sweet potato skins. Top with cheese, avocado, cilantro and green onion. Squeeze lime over top. Enjoy!