- 1acorn squash
- 4 slicesbacon
- 1Gala apple
- ⅓ cuppine nuts
- ½ mediumyellow onion
-  black pepper
-  extra virgin olive oil
-  pure maple syrup
- 1Preheat the oven to 450°F and place the rack in the center position.
- 2Wash and dry the fresh produce.
1 acorn squash 1 Gala apple
- 3Cut squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out seeds; discard. Slice a small piece off the bottom of each squash half just enough so that they will sit level.
- 4Drizzle cut-side with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Flip squash halves, scooped sides down, in cast iron skillet. Bake until golden and fork tender, 30-35 minutes.
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil ½ tsp salt ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 5Meanwhile, heat a nonstick skillet to medium-high heat. Chop bacon into ¼ inch pieces and cook until almost crispy. Drain most of the fat.
4 slices bacon
- 6Peel and dice onion. Add to pan, stirring to combine. Sprinkle with thyme and sage. Cook together until onion is soft and caramelized.
½ medium yellow onion ⅛ tsp thyme 1 tsp sage
- 7Core, peel, and medium dice the apples. Add to pan, drizzle with maple syrup and a tsp of salt. Cook 2-3 minutes until apple just starts to soften.
1 tbsp pure maple syrup 1 pinch salt
- 8Add pine nuts and cook for 1 minute.
⅓ cup pine nuts
- 9Remove the squash from the oven. Stuff each half with bacon mixture. Serve warm. Enjoy!