- 1 (5 oz) pkgbaby spinach
- 8 fl ozchicken or vegetable broth
- 1 (4 oz) pkgcrumbled feta cheese
- 2 clovesgarlic
- ¼ cuppine nuts
- 1 ½ lbstriploin (New York strip) steak
- 1 cupwhole wheat couscous
-  black pepper
-  extra virgin olive oil
-  virgin coconut oil
- 1Wash and dry the fresh produce. (Skip the spinach if it came pre-washed.)
1 (5 oz) pkg baby spinach 1 lemon
- 2Grate all of the zest from the lemon, then juice the lemon; add both to a large salad bowl.
- 3Trim off and discard the root ends of the garlic; peel and mince or press the garlic. Add to the salad bowl.
2 cloves garlic
- 4To the salad bowl, add olive oil, salt, and pepper; whisk together and set aside.
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil ½ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 5Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- 6While the skillet heats up, pat the steak dry with paper towels and place on a plate; season generously with salt and pepper on both sides.
1 ½ lb striploin (New York strip) steak 1 tsp salt ½ tsp black pepper
- 7Once the skillet is hot, add the pine nuts; cook, stirring constantly, until they are golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Once done, add to the salad bowl.
¼ cup pine nuts
- 8Once the pine nuts have been transferred, add coconut oil to the skillet and swirl to coat the bottom.
1 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 9Carefully place the steak in the skillet; flipping every 15 to 30 seconds, cook the steak until desired doneness (5 to 7 minutes for medium-rare). (Use a thermometer or cut into the steak to check the doneness.) Once done, transfer the steak to a plate and let it rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
- 10Add the broth and water to a small saucepan; bring to a boil over high heat.
8 fl oz (1 cup) chicken or vegetable broth 4 fl oz (½ cup) water
- 11In batches, stack the spinach leaves and roll tightly into a cigar, then slice crosswise into a chiffonade (thin ribbons). Transfer to the salad bowl.
- 12Once the liquid comes to a boil, add couscous and salt; give it a stir and cover with a lid. Remove from the heat and let it stand for 5 minutes.
1 cup whole wheat couscous ½ tsp salt
- 13Add the feta to the salad bowl.
1 (4 oz) pkg crumbled feta cheese
- 14Place the steak on a cutting board and thinly slice against the grain into strips.
- 15Uncover the couscous and fluff with a fork; add to the salad bowl and toss to combine.
- 16To serve, divide the steak and salad between plates. Enjoy!