- 1 small pkgfresh basil
- 2 clovesgarlic
- 1 pintgrape tomatoes
- 2red bell peppers
- 1 ½ lbstriploin (New York strip) steak
- 2whole grain buns or rolls
- 2yellow bell peppers
-  black pepper
-  Dijon mustard
-  extra virgin olive oil
-  red wine vinegar
-  virgin coconut oil
- 1Wash and dry the fresh produce.
1 pint grape tomatoes 2 red bell peppers 2 yellow bell peppers 1 small pkg fresh basil
- 2Trim off and discard the root ends of the garlic; peel and mince or press the garlic. Transfer to a large salad bowl.
2 cloves garlic
- 3To the garlic, add olive oil, red wine vinegar, Dijon, salt, and pepper; whisk together and set aside.
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 1 tbsp red wine vinegar ½ tsp Dijon mustard ½ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 4Quarter the bell peppers lengthwise; remove and discard the stems, seeds, and membranes. Large dice the peppers (cut into ¾-inch cubes) and transfer to a medium bowl.
- 5Preheat a skillet over medium heat.
- 6Cut the buns into 1-inch cubes.
2 whole grain buns or rolls
- 7Once the skillet is hot, add olive oil and the bread cubes. Cook, tossing occasionally, until the bread is crisp and lightly browned, 4 to 6 minutes. Once done, transfer to a bowl.
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 8Pat the steak dry with paper towels and place on a plate; season generously with salt and pepper on both sides.
1 ½ lb striploin (New York strip) steak 1 tsp salt ½ tsp black pepper
- 9Once the bread cubes have been transferred, increase the heat to medium-high. Once heated, add coconut oil and swirl to coat the bottom.
1 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 10Carefully place the steak in the skillet; flipping every 15 to 30 seconds, cook the steak until desired doneness (5 to 7 minutes for medium-rare). (Use a thermometer or cut into the steak to check the doneness.) Once done, transfer the steak to a plate and let it rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
- 11Once the steak has been transferred, add the bell peppers to the skillet. Cook, tossing occasionally, until just tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Once done, return to the bowl.
- 12Halve the grape tomatoes crosswise and add to the salad bowl.
- 13Pick the basil leaves off the stems; discard the stems and slice the leaves into a chiffonade by stacking them and rolling tightly into a cigar, then slicing crosswise into thin ribbons. Add to the salad bowl.
- 14Add the bell peppers and bread to the salad bowl; toss to combine.
- 15Slice the steak against the grain into thin strips.
- 16To serve, divide the steak strips and salad between plates. Enjoy!