- 1 medium headcauliflower
- 1English cucumber
- 1 small pkgfresh mint
- 2 clovesgarlic
- 1 small bunchgreen onions (scallions)
- 1 small bunchItalian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 0.68 kgstriploin (New York strip) steak
-  black pepper
-  cayenne pepper
-  extra virgin olive oil
- 1If using wooden skewers, place 8 skewers in a shallow dish of water to soak until you are ready to use them.
- 2Wash and dry the fresh produce.
1 medium head cauliflower 2 lemons 1 small bunch green onions (scallions) 1 English cucumber 4 tomatoes 1 small bunch Italian (flat-leaf) parsley 1 small pkg fresh mint
- 3Cut the cauliflower head into quarters, then trim off and discard the leaves and thick stem. Using a box grater or food processor, coarsely grate the cauliflower.
- 4Preheat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 5Once the skillet is hot, add oil and swirl to coat the bottom. Add cauliflower, salt, and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, 5-6 minutes. Transfer cauliflower to a large baking sheet pan and spread out in an even layer to cool.
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil ½ tsp salt ½ tsp black pepper
- 6Meanwhile, combine spices in a medium bowl; stir to combine.
¾ tsp salt 2 tsp cumin 1 ½ tsp paprika ½ tsp coriander ½ tsp black pepper ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- 7Cut the steak into 1½-inch cubes; transfer to the bowl with the spices and toss to coat; set aside.
0.68 kg striploin (New York strip) steak
- 8Heat a grill pan, outdoor grill, or skillet over medium-high heat.
- 9Thread steak onto the skewers and place on a plate. Alternatively, you can cook the steak pieces directly on the grill/skillet without using skewers.
- 10Coat the grill or skillet with oil. Cooking in batches if necessary, place kabobs on the grill, rotating every 2½ minutes, until browned and cooked through, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a plate and loosely cover with foil.
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 11Meanwhile, grate the zest from the lemons and transfer to a large bowl, then juice the lemons into the same bowl. Add the cauliflower and stir to combine.
- 12Peel and mince garlic. Trim off and discard the ends of the green onions; cut the onions crosswise into ¼-inch pieces. Transfer both to the bowl with the cauliflower.
2 cloves garlic
- 13Peel and small dice the cucumber. Small dice the tomatoes; add both to the bowl with the cauliflower.
- 14Shave parsley leaves off the stems; pick mint leaves off the stems. Discard the stems and mince the leaves. Add herbs, oil, salt, and pepper to the bowl with the cauliflower and stir to combine the tabouli salad.
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil 1 tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 15To serve, divide tabouli between plates or bowls. Place steak kabobs on top and enjoy!