- 1 cupbasmati rice
- ¼ cupcashews, roasted unsalted
- ½ small bunchcilantro
- 1 (12 oz) pkgextra firm tofu
- 1red bell pepper
- ½ mediumred onion
- 1yellow bell pepper
-  chili-garlic sauce
-  pure maple syrup
-  soy sauce
-  virgin coconut oil
- 1Cut the tofu in half along the long side into two planks. Place the tofu between clean towels or paper towels and place a baking sheet with something heavy (like a skillet) on top to press out excess water. Set aside.
1 (12 oz) pkg extra firm tofu
- 2Using a strainer or colander, rinse the rice under cold, running water, then drain and transfer to a small saucepan. Season the rice with salt and add water; bring the mixture to a boil over high heat.
1 cup basmati rice ½ tsp salt 2 cup water
- 3Wash and dry the fresh produce.
1 red bell pepper 1 yellow bell pepper ½ small bunch cilantro
- 4Remove the seeds and membrane from the peppers and cut into strips; place them in a medium bowl.
- 5Once the water for the rice is boiling, reduce the heat to low, stir, and cover. Cook until the liquid is absorbed, 15 to 18 minutes. Remove from the heat and let the rice stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
- 6Remove the root end from the onion, peel, and slice into thin half moons. Place them in the bowl with the peppers.
½ medium red onion
- 7Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- 8Meanwhile, large dice the tofu (cut into ¾-inch cubes).
- 9Once the skillet is hot, add oil and swirl to coat the bottom. Add the tofu, and cook, stirring occasionally, until it starts to brown, about 3 minutes.
1 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 10Combine soy sauce, water, maple syrup, and chili-garlic in a small bowl, whisk to combine.
1 ½ tbsp soy sauce 1 tbsp water 2 tsp pure maple syrup 1 tsp chili-garlic sauce
- 11When tofu is brown, add the soy mixture to the skillet along with the pepper and onions. Stir occasionally, until the vegetables begin to brown, about 5 minutes.
- 12Shave the cilantro leaves off the stems; discard the stems and mince the leaves.
- 13Roughly chop the cashews.
¼ cup cashews, roasted unsalted
- 14Uncover the rice and fluff with a fork; add cilantro to rice, reserving some for garnish.
- 15Divide the rice between plates and top with the tofu and pepper mixture. Garnish with cilantro and cashews and enjoy!