- 2 (142 g) pkgbaby spinach
- 1 cupbasmati rice
- 237 mlchicken or vegetable broth
- 0.68 kgchicken thighs, boneless skinless
- 4 small pkgsfresh basil
- 4 clovesgarlic
- 2jalapeño peppers
-  brown sugar
-  extra virgin olive oil
-  fish sauce
-  soy sauce
- 1Using a strainer or colander, rinse the rice under cold, running water, then drain and transfer to a small saucepan. Add water and bring the mixture to a boil over high heat.
1 cup basmati rice 2 cup water
- 2Wash and dry the fresh produce. (Skip the spinach if it came pre-washed.)
2 jalapeño peppers 2 (142 g) pkg baby spinach 4 small pkgs fresh basil
- 3In a medium bowl, combine the broth, soy sauce, fish sauce, and brown sugar. Whisk to combine the sauce and set aside.
237 ml chicken or vegetable broth ¼ cup soy sauce 4 tsp fish sauce 4 tsp brown sugar
- 4Once the liquid comes to a boil, stir the mixture, cover the saucepan, and reduce the heat to low. Cook the rice until the liquid is fully absorbed, 15-18 minutes. Once done, remove the rice from the heat and let it stand, still covered, for 5 minutes.
- 5Roughly chop the chicken thighs into ½-inch pieces.
0.68 kg chicken thighs, boneless skinless
- 6Peel and mince the garlic and shallot. Quarter the jalapeño peppers lengthwise; seed and remove ribs of the jalapeños with a spoon. Finely dice and set aside. (Be careful, with jalapeños, do not touch your eyes and ensure you wash your hands after handling or wear gloves while preparing).
4 cloves garlic 2 shallots
- 7Heat a large skillet over high heat.
- 8Once the skillet is hot, add oil and swirl to coat the bottom.
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 9Add chicken and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes, then add the garlic, shallot, and jalapeño. Continue cooking on high heat for 3-4 more minutes, stirring often.
- 10Chop the baby spinach into small pieces.
- 11Pour the sauce into the skillet. Cook on high, stirring often, until the sauce thickens and glazes the meat, 8-12 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 12Pick basil leaves off the stems, roll up crosswise, and thinly slice into ribbons. Reserve a few leaves for garnish.
- 13Add the baby spinach (one handful at a time) and basil to the skillet and stir until wilted.
- 14To serve, divide the rice and chicken between bowls. Garnish with reserved basil and enjoy!