- 1 mediumcarrot
- 1 (12 oz) pkgextra firm tofu
- 1 clovegarlic
- 1 (1 inch) pieceginger root
- ½ cupjasmine rice
- 1 bunchkale
-  chili-garlic sauce
-  natural peanut butter
-  pure maple syrup
-  sesame seeds
-  soy sauce
-  toasted sesame oil
- 1Cut the tofu in half along the long side. Sandwich the tofu between clean towels or paper towels and place side by side on a baking sheet. Place a cutting board with something heavy on top and set aside to press out excess water.
1 (12 oz) pkg extra firm tofu
- 2Using a strainer or colander, rinse the rice under cold, running water, then drain and transfer to a small saucepan. Add water and bring the mixture to a boil over high heat.
½ cup jasmine rice 1 cup water
- 3Peel and mince the garlic. In a medium bowl, combine garlic, sesame oil, soy sauce, and maple syrup to make a marinade for the tofu.
1 clove garlic 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil 2 tbsp soy sauce 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 4Once the liquid with the rice comes to a boil, stir the mixture, cover the saucepan, and reduce the heat to low. Cook the rice until the liquid is fully absorbed, 15-18 minutes. Once done, remove the rice from the heat and let it stand, still covered, for 5 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, cut the tofu planks in half and then cut each half into 4 triangles. Place tofu in the bowl with the marinade and gently toss until well coated. Set aside.
- 6Wash and dry kale. Fold leaves in half lengthwise and slice off the stems. Chop or tear leaves into bite-sized pieces and transfer to a salad bowl.
1 bunch kale
- 7Wash, trim, and peel the carrot; coarsely grate and set aside.
1 medium carrot
- 8Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- 9Wash, peel, and mince or grate the ginger.
1 (1 inch) piece ginger root
- 10Once the skillet is hot, add oil and swirl to coat the bottom. Add the tofu and the marinade. Cook until golden brown, 2-3 minutes per side.
1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 11Meanwhile, prepare the peanut sauce by whisking together ginger, peanut butter, chili-garlic sauce, soy sauce, maple syrup, and hot water in a small bowl.
2 tbsp natural peanut butter 1 ½ tsp chili-garlic sauce 1 tsp soy sauce 1 tsp pure maple syrup 1 ½ tbsp water
- 12Once the tofu is cooked, transfer to a plate, returning the skillet to the heat. Add kale and water to the skillet and cover with a lid. Allow to steam for 1 minute covered then uncover, stirring occasionally, for 1 minute more.
¼ cup water
- 13Uncover the rice, fluff with a fork, and add sesame oil. Fold the oil into the rice.
1 ½ tsp toasted sesame oil
- 14To serve, divide rice between bowls, top with tofu, grated carrot, and kale; drizzle with peanut sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Enjoy!
1 tbsp sesame seeds