- ½ cupbasmati rice
- ¼ (8 oz) blockcheddar cheese
- 6 fl ozchicken or vegetable broth
- 1 bunchkale
- ¾ lbraw peeled shrimp, fresh or frozen
- 4 fl ozwhole milk
-  black pepper
-  butter, unsalted
-  chili-garlic sauce
- 1Using a strainer or colander, rinse the rice under cold, running water, then drain and transfer to a small saucepan. Add broth and milk; bring the mixture to a simmer over medium-high heat.
½ cup basmati rice 6 fl oz (¾ cup) chicken or vegetable broth 4 fl oz (½ cup) whole milk
- 2Meanwhile, coarsely grate cheese, transfer to a small bowl, and set aside.
¼ (8 oz) block cheddar cheese
- 3Once the liquid comes to a simmer, stir the mixture, cover the saucepan, and reduce heat to low. Cook until liquid is partially absorbed and the rice is tender, 15-18 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, wash and dry kale. Fold leaves in half lengthwise and slice off the stems. Chop or tear leaves into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
1 bunch kale
- 5If using frozen shrimp, place them in a colander and run under cold water to thaw them slightly and remove any ice crystals. (If using fresh shrimp, skip this step.) Place the shrimp on a clean towel or paper towels and pat dry.
¾ lb raw peeled shrimp, fresh or frozen
- 6Preheat a skillet over medium heat.
- 7Once the skillet is hot, add butter, honey, and chili-garlic sauce; whisk to combine.
2 tbsp butter, unsalted 1 tbsp honey 1 tbsp chili-garlic sauce
- 8Add shrimp to the skillet and cook until opaque, 1-2 minutes per side. Once done, transfer shrimp and butter sauce to a medium bowl; cover with foil.
- 9When the rice is tender, with some liquid remaining, add the cheese and stir to combine. Remove from the heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
- 10Return the skillet to medium-high heat, add more butter, and swirl to coat the bottom.
2 tsp butter, unsalted
- 11Add kale to the skillet in handfuls, waiting for the kale to wilt slightly before adding the next handful. Season with salt and pepper; cook, stirring often, until soft, 4-5 minutes.
¼ tsp salt 1 pinch black pepper
- 12To serve, divide rice, kale, and shrimp between bowls. Drizzle with honey butter and enjoy!