- 2 clovesgarlic
- 2 pintsgrape tomatoes
- 1 small bunchItalian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 1 cupquinoa
- 1 ½ lbstriploin (New York strip) steak
- 2yellow bell peppers
-  black pepper
-  cayenne pepper
-  extra virgin olive oil
-  virgin coconut oil
- 1In a small bowl combine spices. Pat the steak dry with paper towel, season both sides with spice mixture, and set aside.
1 tsp coriander 1 tsp salt ½ tsp cayenne pepper 1 ½ lb striploin (New York strip) steak
- 2In a small saucepan, combine quinoa and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
1 cup quinoa 2 cup water
- 3Wash and dry the fresh produce.
2 yellow bell peppers 1 small bunch Italian (flat-leaf) parsley 2 lemons 2 pints grape tomatoes
- 4Peel and mince shallot and garlic. Add both to a medium bowl.
2 shallots 2 cloves garlic
- 5Grate zest from half of the lemon; juice the entire lemon. Place zest and juice into the bowl with the garlic and shallot. Add olive oil, salt, and pepper; whisk to combine the dressing.
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil ½ tsp salt ½ tsp black pepper
- 6Halve the grape tomatoes and add to the bowl with the dressing.
- 7Preheat a grill pan or regular skillet over medium-high heat.
- 8Medium dice the bell pepper and add to the bowl with the dressing and tomatoes.
- 9Once the skillet is hot, add oil and swirl to coat the bottom.
4 tsp virgin coconut oil
- 10Place seasoned steaks on the pan and cook until preferred degree of doneness, 3-4 minutes per side for medium. Remove steaks from the pan and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- 11Shave parsley leaves off the stems; discard the stems and mince the leaves. Add to the bowl with the vegetables.
- 12Once the quinoa is finished, fluff with a fork and add to the bowl with the dressing and vegetables. Toss to combine.
- 13To serve, slice steak into thin strips and divide between plates along with the salad. Enjoy!