- ½ (5 oz) pkgbaby spinach
- 1 mediumcarrot
- ½ small pkgchives
- 1 clovegarlic
- 1 mediumyellow onion
- 2 mediumyellow potatoes
-  balsamic vinegar
-  black pepper
-  Dijon mustard
-  extra virgin olive oil
- 1Wash and dry the fresh produce. (Skip the spinach and chives if they came pre-washed.)
2 medium yellow potatoes ½ small pkg chives ½ (5 oz) pkg baby spinach 1 medium carrot 1 tomato
- 2Using a mandoline or knife, slice the potatoes into very thin slices and transfer to a colander. Sprinkle with salt and toss to coat; set aside in the sink or on a plate to drain.
½ tsp salt
- 3Heat a non-stick skillet over medium high heat.
- 4Peel and thinly slice onion into half rings. Peel and mince (or press) the garlic.
1 medium yellow onion 1 clove garlic
- 5Once the skillet is hot, add olive oil and swirl to coat the bottom. Add onion, garlic, thyme, and oregano to the pan, stirring until soft and golden brown, 4-5 minutes; remove from skillet and set aside.
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil ¼ tsp thyme ¼ tsp oregano
- 6Meanwhile, shake excess water from the potato slices and quickly pat dry with a paper towel.
- 7Add more oil and the potatoes to the pan; turn the heat down to low and cover with a lid. Cook potatoes, stirring occasionally, until tender, 5-7 minutes. Once cooked, spread onion in a layer on top of the potatoes.
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 8While the potatoes are cooking, crack the eggs into a medium bowl, add water and season with salt and pepper. Whisk to combine.
6 eggs 2 tbsp water ¼ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 9Pour the egg mixture into the skillet gently so you don't disturb the potatoes. Cover with a lid and cook until the base and sides are set, about 5-6 minutes.
- 10Preheat oven to broil and position rack under the broiler.
- 11While frittata is cooking on the stove, combine balsamic, oil, honey, Dijon, salt, and pepper in a large bowl to make the dressing for the salad.
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 1 tsp honey ½ tsp Dijon mustard ¼ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 12Peel the carrot, then trim off the ends. Using a box grater, coarsely grate. Medium dice tomato and add both to the bowl with the dressing.
- 13Once frittata edges are set transfer the pan to the oven and broil until the centre eggs are firm and the top becomes golden brown, 5-7 minutes.
- 14Add spinach to the bowl with the dressing and toss to combine.
- 15Chop chives into small pieces.
- 16When frittata is done cooking, remove from oven and place a cutting board on top of the skillet. Using oven mitts, flip the pan to turn the frittata out onto the cutting board so that potatoes are facing up.
- 17To serve, cut frittata into wedges and divide between plates. Garnish with chives and serve with spinach salad. Enjoy!