- 4 tbspcapers
- 2 (14.5 oz) cansdiced tomatoes
- 1 small pkgfresh basil
- 4 clovesgarlic
- 1 cupKalamata olives, pitted
- 12 ozspaghetti pasta
-  black pepper
-  crushed red pepper
-  extra virgin olive oil
- 1Fill a large pot halfway with water, cover, and bring to a boil. Uncover, add salt and pasta, and stir for a few seconds. Cook until desired firmness, 8-10 minutes.
about 14 cups water 2 tbsp salt 12 oz spaghetti pasta
- 2Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- 3Peel and mince garlic. Halves olives. Measure out capers.
4 cloves garlic 1 cup Kalamata olives, pitted 4 tbsp capers
- 4Coat bottom of skillet with oil. Add garlic, olives, capers, oregano, and crushed red pepper. Stir and cook for 1-2 minutes.
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 1 tbsp oregano ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- 5Add tomatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer the sauce while the pasta cooks.
2 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes
- 6Wash basil. Pick leaves off the stems; discard the stems and thinly slice the leaves into ribbons.
1 small pkg fresh basil
- 7Drain pasta in a colander.
- 8Add pasta to sauce and drizzle with olive oil. Stir in the basil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil ¼ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 9To serve, add pasta to a shallow bowl or plate and enjoy!