- 1 (15 oz) cancannellini (white kidney) beans
- ½ lbchicken breasts, boneless skinless
- 8 fl ozchicken or vegetable broth
- ½ small bunchcilantro
- 2 clovesgarlic
- 1jalapeño pepper
- 2 sliceswhole grain bread
- ½ mediumyellow onion
-  black pepper
-  virgin coconut oil
- 1Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Peel and small dice onion. Peel and mince garlic. Wash, seed, and mince jalapeño.
½ medium yellow onion 2 cloves garlic 1 jalapeño pepper
- 3Coat bottom of saucepan with oil. Add onion, garlic, and jalapeño. Stirring frequently, cook until onion is softened, 3-4 minutes.
about 1 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 4Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces.
½ lb chicken breasts, boneless skinless
- 5Drain and rinse beans.
1 (15 oz) can cannellini (white kidney) beans
- 6Add chicken to saucepan and, stirring occasionally, cook until no longer pink, 2-3 minutes.
- 7Wash and dry cilantro. Shave leaves off the stems; discard the stems and mince the leaves.
½ small bunch cilantro
- 8Add beans, broth, ½ of the cilantro (save the rest for garnishing), cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes.
8 fl oz (1 cup) chicken or vegetable broth 1 tsp cumin ½ tsp oregano ½ tsp salt ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 9Toast bread.
2 slices whole grain bread
- 10Halve and pit avocado; scoop out and medium dice.
- 11To serve, add chili to a bowl and garnish with avocado and remaining cilantro. Enjoy!