- 1 cupbasmati rice
- 2 crownsbroccoli
- 473 mlchicken or vegetable broth
- 0.68 kgsalmon fillet
-  brown sugar
-  chili-garlic sauce
-  rice vinegar
-  toasted sesame oil
- 1Preheat oven to 205°C (400°F). Line a large baking sheet pan with parchment paper.
- 2Using a strainer or colander, rinse the rice under cold, running water, then drain and transfer to a medium saucepan. Add broth and bring the mixture to a boil over high heat.
1 cup basmati rice 473 ml chicken or vegetable broth
- 3Once the liquid comes to a boil, stir the mixture, cover the saucepan, and reduce the heat to low. Cook the rice until the liquid is fully absorbed, 15-18 minutes. Once done, remove the rice from the heat and let it stand, still covered, for 5 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, place vinegar, sugar, water, chili-garlic sauce, and salt in a large skillet. Whisking occasionally, bring to a boil over high heat.
¼ cup rice vinegar ¼ cup brown sugar ¼ cup water 1 tsp chili-garlic sauce 1 tsp salt
- 5In a small bowl, make a slurry by whisking water with cornstarch until smooth.
2 tbsp water 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 6Add cornstarch slurry to the skillet in a steady stream while whisking quickly. Cook, whisking continuously, until the sweet chili sauce thickens, about 30 seconds. Remove from heat.
- 7Place salmon, skin-side down, on the baking sheet. Spoon the sweet chili sauce evenly over each filet.
0.68 kg salmon fillet
- 8Place salmon in the oven and bake until opaque and flaky, 10-15 minutes.
- 9Meanwhile, wash and dry broccoli. Separate into bite-sized florets and cut stems into smaller pieces.
2 crowns broccoli
- 10Wipe skillet clean with paper towels and place over medium heat.
- 11Once the skillet is hot, add oil and swirl to coat the bottom.
¼ cup toasted sesame oil
- 12Add broccoli and stir-fry until bright green and tender-crisp, 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 13To serve, divide rice, salmon, and broccoli between plates or bowls. Enjoy!