- 1 (142 g) pkgbaby spinach
- 4 clovesgarlic
- 283 glinguine pasta
- 113 gParmesan cheese
- 0.68 kgraw peeled shrimp, fresh or frozen
- 2red bell peppers
- 1 mediumred onion
-  black pepper
-  butter, unsalted
-  crushed red pepper
-  extra virgin olive oil
- 1Preheat oven to 230°C (450°F).
- 2Fill a large pot about halfway with hot water (from the tap); cover with a lid and bring to a boil over high heat.
- 3Wash and dry the fresh produce. (Skip the spinach if it came pre-washed.)
2 red bell peppers 4 tomatoes 1 (142 g) pkg baby spinach
- 4If using frozen shrimp, place them in a colander and run under cold water until there are no more ice chunks. Then, lay them out on a clean towel or paper towels and pat dry. If using fresh shrimp, skip the first step
0.68 kg raw peeled shrimp, fresh or frozen
- 5When the water in the pot comes to a boil, uncover the pot and season the water with salt, then add the pasta and stir for a few seconds. Cook the pasta, uncovered, for 11 to 12 minutes (or according to package directions). Once done, drain the pasta in a colander.
283 g linguine pasta 2 tsp salt
- 6Peel and chop onion into 2-inch pieces; peel garlic. Spread out on a baking sheet.
1 medium red onion 4 cloves garlic
- 7Cut the bell peppers lengthwise; remove and discard the seeds and white membrane and chop into 2-inch pieces. Chop tomatoes into quarters and place on the baking sheet along with the peppers.
- 8Drizzle veggies with oil and season with salt and pepper; place in the oven and roast for 13-14 minutes. During that last 3-4 minutes of cooking, change the setting to broil and cook until they begin to char slightly.
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil ½ tsp salt ½ tsp black pepper
- 9Meanwhile, heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Once the skillet is hot, add butter and swirl to coat the bottom.
2 tsp butter, unsalted
- 10Add shrimp to the pan, season with salt and pepper. Cook until golden brown and pink all the way through, about 2-3 minutes.
2 tsp salt 2 tsp black pepper
- 11Finely grate Parmesan.
113 g Parmesan cheese
- 12When vegetables are done cooking let cool for 3-4 minutes. Once cooled, peel the skin off the peppers and tomatoes and discard them.
- 13Add vegetables to the blender and blend until mostly smooth. Add half the Parmesan and season with salt and crushed red pepper. Pulse to combine.
½ tsp salt ½ tsp crushed red pepper
- 14Return pasta to the pot, add shrimp, sauce and spinach and stir to until spinach is wilted slightly.
- 15To serve, divide pasta between plates, top with remaining Parmesan. Enjoy!