- ½ (5 oz) pkgbaby spinach
- 2 clovesgarlic
- 5 ozlinguine pasta
- 2 ozParmesan cheese
- ¾ lbraw peeled shrimp, fresh or frozen
- 1red bell pepper
- ½ mediumred onion
-  black pepper
-  butter, unsalted
-  crushed red pepper
-  extra virgin olive oil
- 1Preheat oven to 450°F.
- 2Fill a large pot about halfway with hot water (from the tap); cover with a lid and bring to a boil over high heat.
- 3Wash and dry the fresh produce. (Skip the spinach if it came pre-washed.)
1 red bell pepper 2 tomatoes ½ (5 oz) pkg baby spinach
- 4If using frozen shrimp, place them in a colander and run under cold water until there are no more ice chunks. Then, lay them out on a clean towel or paper towels and pat dry. If using fresh shrimp, skip the first step
¾ lb raw peeled shrimp, fresh or frozen
- 5When the water in the pot comes to a boil, uncover the pot and season the water with salt, then add the pasta and stir for a few seconds. Cook the pasta, uncovered, for 11 to 12 minutes (or according to package directions). Once done, drain the pasta in a colander.
5 oz linguine pasta 1 tsp salt
- 6Peel and chop onion into 2-inch pieces; peel garlic. Spread out on a baking sheet.
½ medium red onion 2 cloves garlic
- 7Cut the bell peppers lengthwise; remove and discard the seeds and white membrane and chop into 2-inch pieces. Chop tomato into quarters and place on the baking sheet along with the peppers.
- 8Drizzle veggies with oil and season with salt and pepper; place in the oven and roast for 13-14 minutes. During that last 3-4 minutes of cooking, change the setting to broil and cook until they begin to char slightly.
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil ¼ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 9Meanwhile, heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Once the skillet is hot, add butter and swirl to coat the bottom.
1 tsp butter, unsalted
- 10Add shrimp to the pan, season with salt and pepper. Cook until golden brown and pink all the way through, about 2-3 minutes.
1 tsp salt 1 tsp black pepper
- 11Finely grate Parmesan.
2 oz Parmesan cheese
- 12When vegetables are done cooking let cool for 3-4 minutes. Once cooled, peel the skin off the peppers and tomatoes and discard them.
- 13Add vegetables to the blender and blend until mostly smooth. Add half the Parmesan and season with salt and crushed red pepper. Pulse to combine.
¼ tsp salt ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- 14Return pasta to the pot, add shrimp, sauce and spinach and stir to until spinach is wilted slightly.
- 15To serve, divide pasta between plates, top with remaining Parmesan. Enjoy!