- 3 clovesgarlic
- ½ small bunchItalian (flat-leaf) parsley
- ¾ lbraw peeled shrimp, fresh or frozen
- 1 mediumspaghetti squash
-  black pepper
-  butter, unsalted
-  crushed red pepper
-  extra virgin olive oil
- 1Preheat the oven to 500°F and place the rack in the center position. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil to make cleanup easier (optional).
- 2Wash and dry the fresh produce.
1 medium spaghetti squash ½ lemon ½ small bunch Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 3Halve the squash lengthwise and scrape out the seeds. Rub each half with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place halves, cut side down, on a baking sheet.
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil ½ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 4Place the squash in the oven (it doesn't have to be fully heated) and roast until tender so a knife can easily pierce though the flesh, 18 to 20 minutes.
- 5While the squash cooks, using a knife, shave the parsley leaves off the stems at a downward angle, working away from your body; discard the stems and finely chop the leaves. Transfer the parsley to a small bowl.
- 6Grate all of the zest from the lemon, then juice the lemon. Add the zest and juice to the bowl with the parsley.
- 7Trim off and discard the root ends of the garlic; peel and mince or press the garlic.
3 cloves garlic
- 8Preheat a skillet over medium heat.
- 9If using frozen shrimp, place them in a colander and run under cold water to thaw them slightly and remove any ice crystals. (If using fresh shrimp, skip this step.) Place the shrimp on a clean towel or paper towels and pat dry.
¾ lb raw peeled shrimp, fresh or frozen
- 10Once the skillet is hot, add olive oil and butter and swirl to coat the bottom.
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 3 tbsp butter, unsalted
- 11Add the garlic and crushed red pepper to the skillet; stir until fragrant, 15 to 30 seconds.
⅛ tsp crushed red pepper
- 12Add the shrimp to the skillet; cook, tossing occasionally, until opaque and cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes total.
- 13Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, and parsley to the shrimp; season with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
¼ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 14Remove the squash from the oven and allow to cool slightly, about 5 minutes. Using a fork, scrape the squash flesh to make spaghetti-like strings (use an oven mitt or towel to hold it with your other hand).
- 15To serve, top the squash with the shrimp scampi. Enjoy!