- 1 cupbasmati rice
- 2 (12 oz) pkgextra firm tofu
- 4 clovesgarlic
- 1 small bunchgreen onions (scallions)
- 2 (8 oz) pkgsugar snap peas
-  rice vinegar
-  sesame seeds
-  soy sauce
-  toasted sesame oil
-  virgin coconut oil
- 1Using a strainer or colander, rinse the rice under cold, running water, then drain and transfer to a small saucepan. Season the rice with salt and add water; bring the mixture to a boil over high heat.
1 cup basmati rice ½ tsp salt 2 cups water
- 2Wash and dry the fresh produce.
2 (8 oz) pkg sugar snap peas 1 small bunch green onions (scallions)
- 3Once the liquid comes to a boil, stir the mixture, cover the saucepan, and reduce the heat to low. Cook the rice until the liquid is fully absorbed, 15 to 18 minutes. Once done, remove the rice from the heat and let it stand, still covered, for 5 minutes.
- 4Halve the sugar snap peas at an angle and transfer to a medium bowl.
- 5Trim off and discard the ends of the green onions; cut the onions crosswise into ¼-inch pieces at an angle. Transfer to a small bowl.
- 6Trim off and discard the root ends of the garlic; peel and mince or press the garlic. Add to the bowl with the snap peas.
4 cloves garlic
- 7Drain the tofu and pat dry with paper towels; cut into ¾-inch cubes.
2 (12 oz) pkg extra firm tofu
- 8Preheat a skillet over medium heat.
- 9Add the sesame seeds to the skillet; toast, stirring frequently, until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Once done, transfer to a small bowl.
2 tsp sesame seeds
- 10Once the sesame seeds have been transferred, increase the heat to medium-high and add coconut oil to the skillet.
1 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 11Add the tofu to the skillet; cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, 4 to 6 minutes. Once done, transfer to a bowl.
- 12Once the tofu has been transferred, add more coconut oil to the skillet, followed by the snap peas and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, until the peas are bright green and slightly softened, 2 to 3 minutes.
1 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 13In a medium bowl, combine and whisk together cornstarch, water, soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, and sesame oil.
2 tsp cornstarch 6 tbsp water 4 tbsp soy sauce 1 tbsp rice vinegar 2 tsp honey 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 14Return the tofu to the skillet, add about ¾ of the green onions (save the rest for garnishing), and pour in the sauce. Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture is well coated with the sauce, 1 to 2 minutes. Once done, remove from the heat.
- 15Uncover the rice and fluff with a fork.
- 16To serve, divide the rice between bowls, top with the stir fry, and sprinkle with the remaining green onions and toasted sesame seeds. Enjoy!