- 1 cupbasmati rice
- 1 small bunchcilantro
- 1 mediumred onion
- 1 ½ lbsalmon fillet
-  black pepper
-  crushed red pepper
-  extra virgin olive oil
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Heat small saucepan over medium heat.
- 3Peel and small dice onion.
1 medium red onion
- 4Coat bottom of pan with oil. Add ½ of the onion (save the rest for the salsa) and cook until softened, 4-5 minutes. Transfer remaining onion to a medium bowl.
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 5In a small bowl, mix together olive oil, paprika, salt, and pepper.
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil ½ tsp paprika ¼ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 6Place salmon in a baking dish and rub with spice mixture.
1 ½ lb salmon fillet
- 7Place in the oven and roast until salmon is opaque in the centre, 15-20 minutes.
- 8Once onion has softened, add rice and water to saucepan; bring to a boil.
1 cup basmati rice 16 fl oz (2 cups) water
- 9Once the liquid comes to a boil, stir the mixture, cover the saucepan, and reduce the heat to low. Cook the rice until the liquid is fully absorbed, 15 to 18 minutes. Once done, remove the rice from the heat and let it stand, still covered, for 5 minutes.
- 10Halve and pit avocados; scoop out the flesh, small dice, and add to bowl with onion.
- 11Slice off top and bottom from grapefruits, then cut off the skin and white pith from the sides so you can see the pink flesh. Cut in between the membranes to release the segments. Cut segments crosswise into medium pieces and transfer to bowl with onion.
- 12Wash and dry cilantro. Shave leaves off the stems; discard the stems and mince the leaves.
1 small bunch cilantro
- 13Add ½ of the cilantro (save the rest for the rice pilaf), lime juice, crushed red pepper, salt, and pepper to salsa bowl; gently toss to combine. Set aside.
juice of 1 lime ⅛ tsp crushed red pepper ⅛ tsp salt ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 14Add remaining cilantro, lime juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper to rice; stir to mix.
juice of 1 lime 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil ¼ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 15Serve salmon with rice pilaf on the side and spoon salsa over top. Enjoy!