- 1English cucumber
- 2 clovesgarlic
- ½ small bunchItalian (flat-leaf) parsley
- ½ cupplain Greek yogurt
- ½ mediumred onion
- 4whole grain pitas
-  black pepper
-  extra virgin olive oil
-  red wine vinegar
- 1Preheat oven to 450°F.
- 2Wash and dry the fresh produce.
1 eggplant 1 English cucumber 2 tomatoes ½ small bunch Italian (flat-leaf) parsley ½ lemon
- 3Large dice the eggplant. Transfer to a parchment lined sheet pan. Drizzle with oil and season with salt, pepper, and oregano; toss to coat. Bake for 20 minutes.
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil ¼ tsp salt ⅛ tsp black pepper ½ tsp oregano
- 4Use a grater to coarsely grate the cucumber. Transfer to a medium bowl. Add the salt, stir, and let sit for 5 minutes.
¼ tsp salt
- 5Peel and mince garlic.
2 cloves garlic
- 6Peel and thinly slice onion into half rings. Add to a small bowl along with the vinegar and salt. Toss to combine and set aside.
½ medium red onion 1 tbsp red wine vinegar ⅛ tsp salt
- 7Halve and thinly slice the tomato.
- 8Shave leaves off the parsley stems; discard the stems and mince the leaves.
- 9Gather the grated cucumber in the middle of a clean dish towel and gently squeeze out the water. Add the cucumber back to the medium bowl. Stir in the minced garlic, yogurt, salt, and dill. Juice the lemon and add to the mixture. Set aside.
½ cup plain Greek yogurt ½ tsp salt ⅛ tsp dill
- 10To assemble, slice the pita bread into halves and open the pocket. Stuff with roasted eggplant, sliced tomato, onion, parsley, and cucumber sauce. Enjoy!
4 whole grain pitas