- 16 fl ozchicken or vegetable broth
- 2 lbcremini mushrooms
- 4 clovesgarlic
- 1 small bunchItalian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 2 ozParmesan cheese
- 1 ½ cupspolenta (cornmeal)
-  balsamic vinegar
-  black pepper
-  butter, unsalted
-  extra virgin olive oil
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 2In a medium saucepan, bring broth and water to a boil. Gradually add polenta in a thin steady steam, while whisking constantly until all the polenta is incorporated into the liquid. Lower heat to medium-low and, stirring frequently, cook until polenta thickens, 25-30 minutes.
16 fl oz (2 cups) chicken or vegetable broth 5 ½ cups water 1 ½ cups polenta (cornmeal)
- 3Peel and mince garlic. In a small bowl, whisk together garlic, oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper.
4 cloves garlic 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar ½ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 4Wash, dry, and quarter mushrooms. Transfer to a sheet pan, pour sauce over top, and toss to coat.
2 lb cremini mushrooms
- 5Place in the oven and, stirring halfway through, cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
- 6Wash and dry parsley. Shave leaves off the stems; discard the stems and mince the leaves.
1 small bunch Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 7Grate 1 cup Parmesan.
2 oz Parmesan cheese
- 8Add butter, Parmesan, salt, and pepper to polenta. Stir to combine.
2 tbsp butter, unsalted ½ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 9Remove mushrooms from oven, sprinkle with parsley, and toss to coat.
- 10To serve, place polenta in a bowl and top with mushrooms. Enjoy!