- 4 mediumcarrots
- 4 stickscelery
- 1893 mlchicken or vegetable broth
- 1 (398 ml) candiced tomatoes
- 2 (398 ml) cansgarbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 4 clovesgarlic
- ½ small bunchItalian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 1 bunchkale
- 28 gParmesan cheese
- 1 cupquinoa
-  black pepper
-  crushed red pepper
-  extra virgin olive oil
-  Italian seasoning
- 1Preheat oven to 230°C (450°F).
- 2Drain and rinse chickpeas. Place on paper towels and pat dry; transfer to a medium bowl. Add oil and spices to the bowl and toss to combine.
2 (398 ml) cans garbanzo beans (chickpeas) 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 2 tsp Italian seasoning ¼ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 3Transfer chickpeas to a large baking sheet and spread out in an even layer. Place in the oven (it doesn't have to be fully heated) and bake, stirring halfway through, until crispy, about 20 minutes. Reserve bowl for later use.
- 4Meanwhile, wash and dry the fresh produce.
2 leeks 4 medium carrots 4 sticks celery 1 bunch kale ½ small bunch Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 5Trim off the root ends and the dark green top of the leeks, leaving only the white and pale green parts. Cut the leeks in half lengthwise and rinse under running water, separating the layers to remove any dirt and grit. Slice crosswise into ½-inch half-moons; transfer to the medium bowl.
- 6Peel, trim, and slice carrots into ¼-inch rounds. Trim celery and slice crosswise into ¼-inch pieces. Transfer both to the bowl with the leeks.
- 7Preheat a large pot over medium-high heat.
- 8Once the pot is hot, add oil and swirl to coat the bottom. Add leeks, carrots, celery, and spices to the pot; cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables begin to soften slightly, 3-4 minutes.
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 1 tsp Italian seasoning ½ tsp salt ½ tsp crushed red pepper
- 9Peel and mince garlic.
4 cloves garlic
- 10Add garlic, broth, tomatoes, and quinoa to the pot and stir to combine; increase the heat to high and bring the liquid to a simmer. Once simmering, reduce the heat to medium-low, cover the pot with a lid, and cook for 7 minutes.
1893 ml chicken or vegetable broth 1 (398 ml) can diced tomatoes 1 cup quinoa
- 11Fold kale leaves in half lengthwise and slice off the stems. Chop or tear leaves into bite-sized pieces. Add kale to the pot and cook until kale is soft and quinoa is cooked through, about 7 more minutes.
- 12Shave parsley leaves off the stems; discard the stems and mince the leaves.
- 13Finely grate Parmesan.
28 g Parmesan cheese
- 14To serve, divide the soup between bowls. Top each bowl with a pile of crispy chickpeas; garnish with parsley, Parmesan, and crushed red pepper. Enjoy!
1 tsp crushed red pepper