- 32 fl ozchicken or vegetable broth
- 1 small bunchcilantro
- 1 cupfrozen corn
- 2 clovesgarlic
- 1jalapeño pepper
- 2 (15 oz) canspinto beans
- 1 ½ cupsquinoa
- 1 (16 oz) pkgstrawberries
- 2 mediumyellow onions
-  chili powder
-  crushed red pepper
-  extra virgin olive oil
- 1In a medium saucepan, combine quinoa and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, 5 minutes.
1 ½ cups quinoa 24 fl oz (3 cups) chicken or vegetable broth
- 2Drain and rinse the beans in a colander; set aside to drain further.
2 (15 oz) cans pinto beans
- 3Wash and dry the fresh produce.
1 (16 oz) pkg strawberries 1 jalapeño pepper 1 small bunch cilantro 2 limes
- 4Peel and small dice onions.
2 medium yellow onions
- 5Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 6Peel and mince the garlic.
2 cloves garlic
- 7Once the skillet is hot, add oil and swirl to coat the bottom. Add the onion and garlic to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, 3-5 minutes.
4 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 8Remove stems and roughly chop strawberries; place in a large bowl.
- 9Add drained beans, frozen corn, broth, and spices to the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, 5-7 minutes.
1 cup frozen corn 8 fl oz (1 cup) chicken or vegetable broth 1 tsp chili powder 1 tsp salt ½ tsp cumin ½ tsp oregano ½ tsp paprika ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- 10Quarter the jalapeño pepper lengthwise; seed and remove ribs of the jalapeño with a spoon. Finely dice and add to the bowl with the strawberries. (Be careful, with jalapeños, do not touch your eyes and ensure you wash your hands after handling or wear gloves while preparing).
- 11Shave the cilantro leaves off the stems; discard the stems and mince the leaves. Add to the bowl with the strawberries.
- 12Juice one lime into the bowl with the strawberries; cut the other lime into wedges.
- 13Peel and mince the shallot; add to the bowl. Stir to combine the salsa.
- 14To serve, divide quinoa between bowls, top with bean mixture, salsa, and lime wedges. Enjoy!