- ½ medium headcauliflower
- 1 small pkgfresh basil
- 1 clovegarlic
- 6 slicesprosciutto
- ¾ lbsalmon fillet
- ½ mediumyellow onion
-  avocado oil mayonnaise
-  black pepper
-  extra virgin olive oil
- 1If using wooden skewers, place 6-8 skewers in a shallow dish of water to soak until you are ready to use them.
- 2Meanwhile, preheat a skillet over medium heat.
- 3Peel and small dice onion. Peel and mince garlic.
½ medium yellow onion 1 clove garlic
- 4When the skillet is hot, add oil and swirl to coat the bottom. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring often, until it begins to soften, 3-4 minutes.
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 5Meanwhile, wash and dry the cauliflower. Cut the cauliflower head into quarters, then trim off and discard the leaves and thick stem. Using a box grater or food processor, coarsely grate the cauliflower.
½ medium head cauliflower
- 6Add cauliflower and salt to the skillet. Continue to cook, stirring often, until cauliflower is lightly golden and cooked through, 5-7 minutes.
½ tsp salt
- 7Meanwhile, wash and dry the basil. Pick basil leaves off the stems, roll up crosswise, and mince. Place half of the basil in a medium bowl along with oil, salt, and pepper; stir to combine the marinade. (Reserve remaining basil for the cauliflower rice.)
1 small pkg fresh basil 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil ¼ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 8If using salmon with skin, place the fillet, skin-side down, on a cutting board. Holding the tail end firmly, use a knife to cut between the flesh and skin; continue to cut through the length of the fillet (take care not to cut through the skin); discard the skin. If you don’t have a tail end, start at one corner of the fillet and work your way in until the knife is between the skin and flesh.
¾ lb salmon fillet
- 9Cut the salmon crosswise into 1-inch strips and transfer to the bowl with the marinade. Turn to coat.
- 10Thread one strip of salmon onto each skewer; wrap a piece of prosciutto around each salmon skewer and place on a plate. Alternatively, you can cook the salmon directly on the grill pan without using skewers.
6 slices prosciutto
- 11Preheat a grill pan, outdoor grill, or skillet over medium-high heat.
- 12Once the grill pan is hot, coat with oil. Place kabobs on the grill and cook, rotating every 1½-2 minutes, until salmon is opaque and cooked through, 6-8 minutes.
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 13Once the cauliflower rice is done, remove from heat and stir in the reserved basil.
- 14To serve, divide cauliflower rice and kabobs between plates. Serve mayonnaise on the side for dipping and enjoy!
2 tbsp avocado oil mayonnaise